what is the most effective kicks and punches to use in a fight?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was referring to the word in the context that it was presented by the poster, who talked about "squaring off" against people in the street, which suggest some form of consent/agreement, rather than the word being used to describe a situation were a person is attacked/assaulted without warning by a criminal (which is what you were referring to with "again with this").

So yet again you have misinterpreted my post and are replying your your own mistaken version of what you think I meant. To which I reply: Again with this?
Okay, I'll accept that I misinterpreted this time. That's on me, fair enough.

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I agree with DirtyDog initial reply, I'd add to it that it is probably the simplest ones, the ones you've actually practiced the most. Preferably actually hitting things (i.e. bags, pads, people) with them.

FlamingJulian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I guess that would depend on your opponent and where they're open. But assuming u set everything up correctly I would say Reverse side kick and Jab

-Julian

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If your opponent:
1. can't breathe
2. can't stand
3. can't get his hands on you
4. can't see you

Make any of those come true and they can't hurt you and you can escape to safety.

Ergo, the best punch or kick is one that will make one of those come true. I personally like the footwork involved for #4:

Turn one foot so that the heel points toward your opponent. Step out with the other foot, also with the heel pointed toward the opponent. Alternate as fast as possible. :)

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If your opponent:
1. can't breathe
2. can't stand
3. can't get his hands on you
4. can't see you

Make any of those come true and they can't hurt you and you can escape to safety.

Ergo, the best punch or kick is one that will make one of those come true. I personally like the footwork involved for #4:

Turn one foot so that the heel points toward your opponent. Step out with the other foot, also with the heel pointed toward the opponent. Alternate as fast as possible. :)
That's the first time I've seen running described that way. lol.

OP
senseiblackbelt

senseiblackbelt

Green Belt
Reaction score
However, if you had any common sense you wouldn't be fighting in the street in the first place.

true. unless its life n death situation and u will die if you dont fight back against an agressor.