what is david carradines MA background

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
David and Rob in China. Check out the 7:18 mark.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guardian

Black Belt
Reaction score
I watched that show from the day it aired until its final season, even watching the various follow ups, ending with Kung Fu- the legend continues, in which he plays his grandson and has a nephew who was a city cop. The pairing reminded me of the Ninja Master show with Lee Van Cleaf and some young guy (cannot remember the actor's name).

Caradine's show, Jhoon Rhee's ads in my area, and Channel 20 Action theatre, which ran a lot of Shaw brothers movies, were my early inspirations. Much like Pat Morita's Mister Miyagi, Caradine portrayed his character well and delivered as an actor. The story was well told and the action was much more convincing for the day than most of the action you would have seen on television in mainstream US shows.

Caradine will be missed.

Daniel

Timothy Van Patten - Half brother to Dick Van Patten (Eight is Enough).

Yes, DC did a lot of parts and he did them very good in my view.

mwd0818

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hey Dan - I watched it too!!! Actually, after watching The Legend Continues, I started finding the original Kung Fu to watch (I'm too young to have watched the original series on it's first run!).

Anyway, researching Kam Yuen a little, he did have a solid grasp of the 3-section staff if nothing else.

And as far as David Carradine's training, it's all been pretty accurately recounted here, but I think he more embraced the spirit of the religious/spiritual side of training than he did the physical. Nothing wrong with that, but I think that explains him never getting into the real Tai Chi, or that his movement was never that good, but his acting was fine.

ap Oweyn

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I watched KF: The Legend Continues. But usually I was more satisfied with the scant fight scenes in Street Justice (Bryan Genesse, hung gar gung fu, eskrima, muay thai).

Anyone remember that short-lived ninja series called Raven?

Stuart

Skippy

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The last 30 or so years of David Carradine's life he for the most part trained under a person named Shifu Rob Moses who teaches Tai Mantis for his Kung Fu studies. Shifu Rob's teacher is Kam Yuen who was also Carradine's first Kung Fu teacher.

Latest Discussions