What fiction book are you currently reading?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Rereading my way through Brad Thor, I'm on Blowback, now. After this, a drastic shift in gears to Peter Allen David's Pulling Up Stakes 2. Then back to Thor, then Clancy and somebody's Threat Vector. It irks me that he has a coauthor on a Jack Ryan book... >:

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The Tokaido Road by Lucia St. Clair Robson. It's the story of the 47 ronin through the eyes of the lord's daughter. Recommended.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am on a Japanese kick. Currently reading Daughter of the Sword by Steve Bein. It's about the attempted theft of a legendary taicho (sword) in modern Japan, but it seems there are interwoven stories from the past about previous owners of the same blade. I am still very much in the beginning of the novel, but it is entertaining.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm just starting Blood Gospel by James Rollins and Rebecca Cantrell. Great so far.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Half-Orc series by David Dalgesh. Not bad. His storyline is pretty good, but he clearly borrows his characters from other books within the genre.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Spellbound by Larry Correia
the right before bed reading with my son: Mossflower by Brian Jacques
the long distance car ride audio book: Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riorden (great seriies)

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The Half-Orc series by David Dalgesh. Not bad. His storyline is pretty good, but he clearly borrows his characters from other books within the genre.

:angry: You spelled his name wrong! It's David Dalglish.
Don't you know I read this thread to find authors?
The first book of that series is free on kindle, so, I'll give it a shot...

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
On book 4 now. Not earth shattering, but good enough to fill time gaps.

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny I am rereading TLOTR as well. All three books bound in one cover. If I go all the way through this would be my third reading. Not sure why I keep coming back, guess I just enjoy Tolkien.

I enjoyed the films for the most part, though I agree they aren't the books. But then what movie could be?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I just reread Honor Bound by W.E.B. Griffin, now I'm rereading Simon Green's The Man with the Golden Torc.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just finished The Cutting Season by Attica Locke. It's a mystery that revolves around 2 killings, 1 in the present and 1 in the past, on a Louisiana sugar cane plantation. I enjoyed it.

Next up is The Antagonists by Ernest K. Gann. It is a fictional retelling of the siege of Masada that ended with the Jewish rebels killing themselves rather than surrendering to their Roman conquerors. There was a TV miniseries in the eighties with Peter O'Toole in one of the starring roles based on this book.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Shanara? Really? Enjoy it that much? I started reading one and never got around to finishing it, don't even ask which one.

I'm more into the darker, more brutal fantasy now. Yes, GRRM, but there's also Steve Erickson's Malazan, Joe Abercrombie, Glen Cook, ya know. The stuff that has more in common with REH than JRRT.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Shanara? Really? Enjoy it that much? I started reading one and never got around to finishing it, don't even ask which one.
I read the first few, then I felt like I had to read the rest. Then I got to the ones where the elves home is in the future, in OREGON. F Oregon and F Shanara!

Latest Discussions