What book are you currently reading?

knuckleheader

Green Belt
Reaction score
Coupla weeks ago read "No Angel" by Jay Dobyns.

An undercover ATF agent who infiltrated the Hells Angels. Pretty interesting. I like to read a lot of outlaw motorcycle gang stuff.

Now I'm reading "Why We Suck" by Dr. Denis Leary. A funny Liberals
perspective on todays(or two years ago) pop culture.
I like this wise cracking know it all. He's funny thou still politically too Liberal. For 4 $'s, the price was right.

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris.

It's a collection of humorous essays on all kinds of life experiences, from describing his cheap parents to the trials of being an American in Paris. Sedaris is brilliant and I'm starting his When You Are Engulfed in Flames next.

LoneRider

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Kill Bin Laden by Dalton Fury.

It's the memoirs of the top ranking Delta Force commander at the 2002 Battle of Tora Bora and subsequent tours in Afghanistan.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just finished "The Mystic Art of Erasing all Signs of Death" by Charlie Huston. Excellent read. Of course, I havn't read anything by him I disliked. His "Joe Pitt Casebooks" series was good, and the "Shotgun Rule" is a favorite of mine.

The fact is, whether it’s a dog hit by a train or an old lady who had a heart attack on the can, someone has to clean up the nasty mess. And that someone is Webster Fillmore Goodhue, who just may be the least likely person in Los Angeles County to hold down such a gig. With his teaching career derailed by tragedy, Web hasn’t done much for the last year except some heavy slacking. But when his only friend in the world lets him know that his freeloading days are over, and he tires of taking cash from his spaced-out mom and refuses to take any more from his embittered father, Web joins Clean Team–and soon finds himself sponging a Malibu suicide’s brains from a bathroom mirror, and flirting with the man’s bereaved and beautiful daughter.

Then things get weird.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Outwitting Squirrels 101 cunning stratagems to reduce the egregious misapporpriation of seed from our bird feeder by squirrels by Bill Adler Jr
I read an excerpt somewhere and HAD to read the book.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris.

It's a collection of humorous essays on all kinds of life experiences, from describing his cheap parents to the trials of being an American in Paris. Sedaris is brilliant and I'm starting his When You Are Engulfed in Flames next.

If you haven't read/listened to this, here ya go. It's a classic.
SantaLand Diaries Pt I
SantaLand Diaries Pt 2

I'm reading Infinite Insights into Kenpo, Vol I by Ed Parker.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Kildar by John Ringo - seems to be escapist American soldier gets the girl(s), kills all the bad guys, and becomes a prince. Its pretty much popcorn reading.

The Motion of the Ocean by Janna Cawrse Esaray - this was written by someone I knew in high school, mostly a combination of the adventure of sailing around the Pacific for your honeymoon, thoughts on relationship building, and personal development. Made me think about taking care of my own marriage relationship, good stuff.

Warrior Mindset by Dr. Michael Aken - Much of the early chapters seem repetitive if you have read On Combat (Grossman) or others in the field. Hopefully it will improve as the books goes on.

baron

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Reading:
Karate-Do My Way of Life by Gichin Funakoshi.
The Book of Tea by Okakura Kakuzo.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Time for Outrage: Indignez-vous! by Stéphane Hessel

Rather short but interesting book. I agree with some and in some cases it gave me a rather interesting perspective that I simply would not have being American

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Training at the Speed of Life by Kenneth Murray - just starting but so far I am very impressed about the detail of how to get training methods to best provide real life results.

Day by Day Armageddon: Broken Hourglass. So far it isn't as good as the first two books, which is disappointing, the first two were very good examples of zombie fiction, mostly it is a change of the writing perspective.