What fiction book are you currently reading?

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
After letting a lot of books pile up on my desk, I finally picked one to read: THE WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE by stephen King. I am a long-time fan of the DARK TOWER series, so I was excited to hear he wrote another book in that world. And then...I never got around to reading it. LOL

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rereading the Hobbit. It's a revision I've not come across before, I like it!

Last edited:

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ah yes, the wide world of multiple revisions. It reminds me somewhat of the multiple translation thing that occurs with texts from other languages. I've been meaning to read other translations of TAO TE CHING, but the DC Lau one is so good that I haven't gotten around to it yet.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Have just finished reading the first book in The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. The local library is getting the rest of the trilogy for me.
Also reading Steve Berry's The King's Deception. This my be the only book by Berry that I have not read yet

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"For the Honour of the Queen" ... Weber's Honor Harrington series being read yet again :D.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just finishing Brent Weeks The Black Prism and the Blinding Knife
these books are long but interesting once you get into them

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Monster Hunter Nemesis - Good as usual, but not as funny as the Pitt viewpoint books, because much of it is from Agent Franks' POV, a literally humorlous character.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Oh, and if you like MHI books, check out the Joe Ledger novels by Maberry, not as funny, but good stuff in a similar vein. I think I have gone through all six books in the series in the past 6 months.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Reading The Twelve by Justin Cronin.
Tried to read the Descent series by S M Reine but the author is too stupid. After reading about people breathing through their esophagus, being told that all semi-auto handguns have the same size magazine, and noticing her inability to use proper grammar (something that should be important to all, but most especially to an author) I gave up.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Reading the mhi books now. Considering the grimnoire series next.

I'm enjoying them. He's got a concrete, rather well thought out "magic" system, solid characters, and a couple of interesting on-going plot lines across the series that are interesting.

Reading The Twelve by Justin Cronin.
Tried to read the Descent series by S M Reine but the author is too stupid. After reading about people breathing through their esophagus, being told that all semi-auto handguns have the same size magazine, and noticing her inability to use proper grammar (something that should be important to all, but most especially to an author) I gave up.

That's the sort of thing that bugs me sometimes, too... Like I'm reading The Long Earth by Stephen Baxter & Terry Pratchett. One of the rules of stepping across Earths in the book is that iron & ferrous compounds like steel can't go. So... a character who is a cop steps across universes... and her Glock is described as "rattling." No... a Glock would, under those rules, be a pile of loosely gun shaped plastic (the frame) with no slide, no barrel, and a few other odds and ends left. It would be barely identifiable as once having been a gun... And it would have taken literally seconds of research to determine that.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
While not at home, I'm reading The Magicians by Lev Grossman. At home, because of Steve... I'm rereading Monster Hunter Alpha, and also because it is badass...

Latest Discussions