What fiction book are you currently reading?

Mauthos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Onto Raising Steam by Terry Pratchett, hopefully another funny one and a break from the sci-fi stuff I've been churning through.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fledgling by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller. Just discovered they snuck several Liaden Universe books out, and were so discourteous as not to tell me! Balance must be addressed...

Mauthos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Just started Gilead's Blood by Dan Abnett and Nik Vincent, an early fantasy of theirs, not up to their current standards as it reads a little simply, but definitely a good story and told in an unusual way. Hoping the sequel, which was written 14 years later, is as fun but hopefully written in a more accomplished style.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm about halfway through Robin Cook's new book Cell. Spooky how close to reality this fictional story is.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
just started reading Knight or Knave by Andre Norton and Sasha Miller.
Used to read a lot of Norton's books years ago

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just starting The Return by Buzz (walked on the friggin moon) Aldrin and some guy named Barnes. I read their second novel. It was really good, now, I'm reading the first.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just started Grisham's The Racketeer, it has been a while since I read one of his.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I forgot I have the collected works of Oscar Wilde sitting around, not to mention THE RUSSIA HOUSE by John Le Carre. I still want to read his debut THE SPY WHO CAME IN FROM THE COLD too.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished "The Columbus Affair" by Steve Berry. A cracking novel by a favorite author of mine. Going to go Roman next I think. The "Forgotten Legion Trilogy" looks good. Apparently rivals Conn Iggulden's Emperor series.

hussaf

Green Belt
Reaction score
Just started The Princess Bride. Didn't even know it was a book until a few months ago. Also just finished Dune. First time for a lot of classics lately, but then I pretty much read nothing but scholarly journals for a few years, so the break is nice.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just started The Princess Bride. Didn't even know it was a book until a few months ago. Also just finished Dune. First time for a lot of classics lately, but then I pretty much read nothing but scholarly journals for a few years, so the break is nice.

Would that be the 1965 novel?

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson, very very good epic fantasy. Very funny in spots but really really long.

Latest Discussions