What fiction book are you currently reading?

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have just gotten back to non IT reading.....In the last 2 weeks: the 5 people you meet in Heaven, da Vinci Code....I'm cheating though because I not really reading I'm doing the books on cd....hour & 15 commute each way gets me through material quite fast.....Wish I started a few years back.....the ride is really boring...

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
"By The Sword", the latest installment in the Repairman Jack series by F. Paul Wilson.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm reading The Murderers by W.E.B.Griffin as fast as I can.
I bought Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol and it is screaming "READ ME NOW"

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I am moved deeply by Jody Picoult's My Sister's Keeper. It was emotionally engaging to read about Anna, who was genetically engineered to be a spare body parts factory for her older sister. I found myself hating their mother, even though I could sympathize with her predicament.

The movie version was a tearjerker, but the ending departed completely from the book's.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am moved deeply by Jody Picoult's My Sister's Keeper. It was emotionally engaging to read about Anna, who was genetically engineered to be a spare body parts factory for her older sister. I found myself hating their mother, even though I could sympathize with her predicament.

The movie version was a tearjerker, but the ending departed completely from the book's.
Shame on you! Throwing spoilers out with no warning...

Knives

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The Silent Blade - R.A. Salvatore
The Fellowship of the Ring - J.R.R Tolkien

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Finished Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol, now reading Charles Stross' The Revolution Business.
I've been telling a friend of mine false spoilers about The Lost Symbol. It amuses me.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I told him about the part where the Nazis steal the thing, and then they get attacked by the big Arab with two swords in the market...

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just finished The Road by Cormac McCarthy. One of the best books I have ever read, if not the best.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm reading Codex by Lev Grossman. Different than what I've been reading.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm reading Of Mice and Men again. It's been many, many years since I've read it and a friend of mine on MT reminded me of it. I had to pick it up again.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Bernard Cornwell, "Enemy of God" book two of The Warlord Chronicles.
I think in the past two years I've read about 30 of his novels.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just finished The Girl Who Played with Fire, the second book in the The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series. Unfortunately, the third and final book in the series is not yet available in the US. I'm not sure what I'm going to read next, but I need to find something fast. I'm ALWAYS reading a book and I'm already jonesing after a day and half with no novel.

Latest Discussions