What drink do you take to training?

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
But Im a terrible person to ask, because all I drink is Water, Tea, and Lemonade.

Any particular brand of lemonade? I'm like you, I drink water, tea, very rarely coffee and lemonade. I get either newman's or simply lemonade. Lemonade violates the gracie diet, so I feel a little guilty about that.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Water. Plain old water. That's all you need after a typical workout. Contrary to what the Gatorade commercials would have you believe, the average person does not loose enough electrolytes during the normal 1-2 hour workout to need replacement. Like most vitamin supplements, electrolyte fluids are nothing more than a recipe for expensive pee.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Any particular brand of lemonade? I'm like you, I drink water, tea, very rarely coffee and lemonade. I get either newman's or simply lemonade. Lemonade violates the gracie diet, so I feel a little guilty about that.
Usually, Solo Lemonade.
I only ever have one per day at the most, and that isnt every day. Id feel guilty about it, but Im not the sort to feel guilty about something I like the flavor of :)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Usually water, but I loves me some coconut water as well. VitaCoco peach mango is my fave. Tastes more like a tropical drink.....without the run. Hey clfsean, am I doin' it wrong? :D :D

mmartist

Green Belt
Reaction score
The best way to restore your body electrolytes is by water and food or any other juice. Fast carbs from juices are good to restore your body fluids..

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Usually water, but I loves me some coconut water as well. VitaCoco peach mango is my fave. Tastes more like a tropical drink.....without the run. Hey clfsean, am I doin' it wrong? :D :D

Not wrong, just missing a step is all!!

Git'cher Pirate on!!!!!

Plus it does help with the aches pretty quick... :drinkbeer

Black Belt Jedi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I just bring water, sometimes I put chlorophyll in water to drink during training because it gives me energy and cleans out my system and cleans out my sinuses since I have environmental allergies.

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rum. Except when it's gone.

It's always gone.

Why is the rum always gone?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
He rarely does. :D

Though, rum + coconut water might make a decent mixed drink. I'll stick to the pure stuff though and water for post training rehydration.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
He rarely does. :D

Though, rum + coconut water might make a decent mixed drink. I'll stick to the pure stuff though and water for post training rehydration.

Check out costco or sam's club. I believe they have mass quantities of both rum and coconut water. :)

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
water, once in a great while a sports drink like zero, but that is very rare.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
water, once in a great while a sports drink like zero, but that is very rare.

I'm with you. Water is all you really need. Unless you're a professional athlete with 6 hour workouts, you're not going to significantly alter your electrolyte levels.
I do add a little mio to mine just because it tastes better.

Kinghercules

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm with you. Water is all you really need. Unless you're a professional athlete with 6 hour workouts, you're not going to significantly alter your electrolyte levels.
I do add a little mio to mine just because it tastes better.

Its obvious that you have no idea what you're talkin about.
During vigorous exercise (which martial art ppl do) people lose critical minerals through their sweat, the most important being magnesium. Research suggests that even small shortfalls in magnesium intake can seriously impair athletic performance. As the concentration of hydrogen ions and acidity increases in the muscle cells optimal functioning of enzymes will be disturbed and energy production will decrease. Just 25min of exercisin is enuff to create free radical damage, lactic acid build up and magnesium lost durin sweatin. The human body goes from an alkaline state to an acid state. The replenishment of electrolytes is necessary after a workout. But at your school I guess yall dont train that hard.

Latest Discussions