• Judo

• Ju-Jitsu(jap)

• Ju-Jitsu(bra)

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
I recently took up Ameri-Do-Te. Im doing an online video course. In Your FACE people who're learning in 'Dojos'. lol

kitkatninja

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I seleted karate, as that's what most of the arts that I have studied falls under, eg Shotokan, Kyokushin, TSD (imo TSD is more aligned to Shotokan than to TKD), Kickboxing, plus some other forms of karate..

I believe that this poll is too restrictive, eg there are big differences between kyokushin karate to GKR karate to Kenpo/Kempo karate.

Christian Soldier

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I've been doing Kenpo since I could really learn martial arts. I've thought about doing TKD but kenpo is just so awesome and unique everything else just doesn't seem as interesting. To each his own I guess, but I really enjoy Kenpo and it's been a great journey for me. I've also done some knife fighting but not as avidly as kenpo.

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
My primary martial art is Taekwondo, with a little cross-training in BJJ, Escrima, and Aikido.

Andrew

White Belt
Reaction score
Im learning these weapons in my taekwondo class on monday's, because its requirement to learn some of these weapons in order to got to your next dan. We are finishing up nunchaku's this week, and are starting on the bambo sword next week for 4 months.

Sanke

Green Belt
Reaction score
Im learning these weapons in my taekwondo class on monday's, because its requirement to learn some of these weapons in order to got to your next dan. We are finishing up nunchaku's this week, and are starting on the bambo sword next week for 4 months.

That's interesting, I didn't really think TKD had any weapons requirements for grading. Well, my school didn't anyway, but we did used to dabble in escrima and some knife work every now and then.
Is the weapons work adapted from another art to fit TKD? I didn't think they had their own weaponry work.

Sanke on the move.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I prefer to look at from the angle of "What skill do you want to develop?" If you are interesting in "punch to the head", do you truly care what style that you practice? Many teachers said if you can master "foot sweep", you should be able to handle 80% of your opponent. Which style does the "foot sweep" come from? It may come from TCMA, Karate, Judo, ...

Last edited:

BMMA

White Belt
Reaction score
We have found that the best way to learn MMA is to concentrate on the various disciplines themselves before bringing them together. This also prevents students from losing interest as there is always something else to learn. Its also a great way of finding your 'niche'.

PoolMan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Muay Chao Chur, Lerdrit, Boar Bando, Danzan Ryu Jujitsu, Tao Ryu Jujitsu, Geron Bahala Na Escrima, Simultaneous Close Quarter Combat, Bare Knuckle Boxing, Combat Knife Fighting, Ryukyu Kempo karate

Dragoon

White Belt
Reaction score
KAJUKENBO= KA=Tang-Soo-DO karate, JU=Judo & Ju-Jitsu, KEN= Kenpo, BO= Chinese Boxing (Gung Fu)=KAJUKENBO, developed in Hawaii, by 5 Blackbelts, the accreditied founder is the Late & Great SIJO Adreano D. Emperado (KENPO), RIP SIJO.

Latest Discussions