Was this fight a work?

72ronin

Purple Belt
Reaction score
That was authentic.
You only have to notice the venom in the young guys punches, he was trying to take out the older guy no dought about it.
And, that was awesome :)

Haakon

Blue Belt
Reaction score
They both looked very, very, novice. It's easily believable that the 53 year old, who also probably had a good 50-60 pounds advantage, could slip in that right and knock out the 21 year old who didn't keep his hands up.

The older guy (too close to me to be calling him old!) has some guts if it's true he just showed up to watch the fights and they asked him to fight.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty legit to me...

Old age and experience beats youth and strength. I like it. :D

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
I saw this earlier today. The older guy was an audience member that decided to replace a no show. All respect to him, but he was lucky as hell the kid's striking needs so very much work.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
I saw this earlier today. The older guy was an audience member that decided to replace a no show. All respect to him, but he was lucky as hell the kid's striking needs so very much work.
Yeah. Additionally, the kid kept backpedalling as soon as more than one punch came in. It was sloppy work at best. Still, not too bad a spectacle for a fight.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any idea what promotion or even what country?

mmartist

Green Belt
Reaction score
I know a guy who at age of 49 won an amateur MMA championship against younger boys..so everything is possible.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know a very well respected MMA fighter who didn't retire till he was past 60...Skip Hall.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That was awesome!

I was told the fight was in an MMA show in Illinois. And that MMA fighter Stephan Bonnar filmed it on his cell phone and posted it.

OP
K

Kittan Bachika

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Just want to make it clear that I know of one kyokushin black belt who is this guy's age who can knock people out.
It just that at certain parts it feel like there is something else going on.
But as some of you pointed out, the kid is probably inexperienced and the other fighter knew what he was doing.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just want to make it clear that I know of one kyokushin black belt who is this guy's age who can knock people out.
It just that at certain parts it feel like there is something else going on.
But as some of you pointed out, the kid is probably inexperienced and the other fighter knew what he was doing.
The kid is inexperienced.
He practically retreats from any more than one incoming punch, and His Body Mechanics are near nonexistant in the punching. Hes fit, but even thats a stretch, when He was clearly worn out about half way in.