Vegetarian BBQ: Is it possible??

Last I heard, grilling vegetarians was illegal.....:wink1:

Last I heard, grilling vegetarians was illegal.....:wink1:

Yes but it's so much fun...
icon12.gif

Any veggie that's not leafy can be easily grilled... grilled, not BBQed. BBQ is a very slow style of cooking that makes me glad I'm omnivorous. ;)

Thanks Xue. Doe's the Sensuous Vegetarian Book guarantee that I will get...uh nevermind, lol.

Actually I thought you would have a recipe for grilling tenderized trees
icon10.gif

Any veggie that's not leafy can be easily grilled... grilled, not BBQed. BBQ is a very slow style of cooking that makes me glad I'm omnivorous. ;)

Well I can assure you that I'm not giving up my chicken and steaks...
icon12.gif

I always do zucchinis and yellow squash when I grill. Cut them lengthwise, score them a bit, and brush with virgin olive oil. Any sort of herbs (like Herbs de Provence or even 'italian seasoning') can be added if you want. Sea salt, lemon pepper...do a half dozen of each and make a few of each :) They come out absolutely fantastic, and are filling as well. Patti Pans do really well on the grill as well.

One I like to do is a foil pouch with whole small mushrooms, add enough Teriyaki sauce to coat them and just let it go (a few air-holes on top to avoid steam popping the pouch). Easy, and a great side.

Corn I do with butter/garlic powder, wrapped in foil then grilled. Awesome.

Try the corn in their husks rather than the foil, just leave it on until the husks turn brown and get a little burned. Tastes much nicer than foil, and you can still roll them in whatever you want when they come off the grill. :) I like the 'shroom idea, I'll have to try that this weekend.

I always do zucchinis and yellow squash when I grill. Cut them lengthwise, score them a bit, and brush with virgin olive oil. Any sort of herbs (like Herbs de Provence or even 'italian seasoning') can be added if you want. Sea salt, lemon pepper...do a half dozen of each and make a few of each :) They come out absolutely fantastic, and are filling as well. Patti Pans do really well on the grill as well.

Love zucchinis, and excuse my vegetarian ignorance but what is Patti Pans?

Love zucchinis, and excuse my vegetarian ignorance but what is Patti Pans?

Patti Pans are those little squashes that look like they didn't fully grow up. They are generally about as big as a golf ball, and they are awesome :) You can eat them with a tap of salt or garlic, or roll them in butter and lime juice (great on corn) or whatever you want. Cut a tiny bit off the top and wash them, and just put them on the grill. I always cook them whole with a brushing of olive oil, but you can cut them in half or quarter them on your plate, depending on whether there are women around :lol: If not, just pop 'em :)

247551~Mini-Patty-Pan-Squashes-on-Tea-Towel-Posters.jpg

Latest Discussions

Back