Good Smoker BBQ Recipes

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I just picked up a smoker and am going to be doing a brisket tomorrow. I've smoked a lot of fish, but never done any other kind of meat, and one of the things I'm really looking forward to is being able to do a lot more smoked salmon at once. I'm really, really looking forward to it. I've also had a lot of experience with grilling, but the only thing I've BBQ'd fairly often are pork ribs, which I like to do on the weber.

I grew up eating Texas style BBQ, with dry rubs and spicy bbq sauce added at the table, but I'm game for anything. So, does anyone have any tips, tricks or recipes you're willing to share?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Moink balls and atomic peppers are my two fav sides to smoke.
Atomic peppers :
Split jalapeño peppers long ways
Mix cream cheese and shredded cheddar together and spoon it into the pepper. Wrap in a half slice of bacon and place on smoker until bacon is done. Usually 4 to 5 hours.

Moink Balls:
Make small meatballs however you would like. Make them on small size I keep then same size as a quarter.
Wrap them on bacon (I see the pattern here). Put them on smoker 4 to 5 hours.
Take Tabasco jelly in a sauce pan with little honey. Heat it slowly until its almost liquid. Pour it over the meatballs to serve.
I love my smoker. I use it almost every weekend.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Moink balls and atomic peppers are my two fav sides to smoke.
Atomic peppers :
Split jalapeño peppers long ways
Mix cream cheese and shredded cheddar together and spoon it into the pepper. Wrap in a half slice of bacon and place on smoker until bacon is done. Usually 4 to 5 hours.

Moink Balls:
Make small meatballs however you would like. Make them on small size I keep then same size as a quarter.
Wrap them on bacon (I see the pattern here). Put them on smoker 4 to 5 hours.
Take Tabasco jelly in a sauce pan with little honey. Heat it slowly until its almost liquid. Pour it over the meatballs to serve.
I love my smoker. I use it almost every weekend.
That's going in the smoker tomorrow. I should be able to make some of those as an appetizer while the brisket is cooking.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I like putting a little raspberry jelly on my peppers too.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Steve this is where I get a ton of info: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/ (mods I don't know if posting other forums is ok here or not if not please delete)
Very much appreciated, ballen. I picked up a couple of 7 lbs brisket that I'm gong to cook up tomorrow. I can't wait. Have my rub all ready to go. Gonna keep this one simple and really just get familiar with the new Weber. I'll do some yard work, but mainly I think I'm going to drink some beer, read some books and enjoy the sunny Spring weather in Seattle. It rains a lot around here, but when the Sun is out, there is no more beautiful place in the world.

Latest Discussions