TKD Sites

FizzyCal

White Belt
Reaction score
Anyone have a favorite TKD or MA web site?

If so, do you mind sharing the link?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um.... you're on it. :)

If you had in mind something other than a forum site, then some details of what you're looking for would be helpful.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I used to participate in a TKD forum, but after it became nothing but spam and personal spats, I left. This is the only TKD forum that I participate in.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Beyond this, the only site I visit regularly are the Kukkiwon and Yong-In sites.

lifespantkd

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The Kukkiwon Education Media Center website (http://www.taekwonedu.kr/) is very useful if you practice Kukkiwon Taekwondo or are wondering what Kukkiwon standards are for Geup and Dan grade poomsae. It also has information about a variety of Kyorugi. You'll have to register to create a username and password to use the site.

Cynthia

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The Kukkiwon Media Centre is good, but I really wish there was more published information to be had, beyond what appears in the TKD Textbook. I'd love to see more on the philosophy of TKD, the meaning of Taegeuk and the Poomsae, and advice on teaching methodologies / current sport science thinking. I think there's really an appetite for this information among the KKW BBs.

The site seems quite focused on the 'what' and not so much on the 'how' and 'why'. At the moment I feel like there's a big picture that I'm a part of, but I'm stick in the corner behind a bush.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
The Kukkiwon Media Centre is good, but I really wish there was more published information to be had, beyond what appears in the TKD Textbook. I'd love to see more on the philosophy of TKD, the meaning of Taegeuk and the Poomsae, and advice on teaching methodologies / current sport science thinking. I think there's really an appetite for this information among the KKW BBs.

The site seems quite focused on the 'what' and not so much on the 'how' and 'why'. At the moment I feel like there's a big picture that I'm a part of, but I'm stick in the corner behind a bush.

The Kukkiwon and WTF have published other books on these subjects, beyond the textbook. Most are written by GM Kyong Myong Lee, so if you purchase his books, you will get a flavor of the other Kukkiwon or WTF books that have been published.

lifespantkd

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The Kukkiwon and WTF have published other books on these subjects, beyond the textbook. Most are written by GM Kyong Myong Lee, so if you purchase his books, you will get a flavor of the other Kukkiwon or WTF books that have been published.

For example, "Korean Traditional Martial Art: Taekwondo Philosophy and Culture" by GM Kyong Myong Lee.

Cynthia