Results are only viewable after voting.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
James Clifton said:
Go to a FEED & GRAIN store & buy a bottle of BIGELOIL-LIQUID GEL.Smells for a couple of minutes,that's all.Get ready for the HEAT!!Seems to actually go in to the skin.Try it & bye-bye TIGER BALM.Oh yeah....do NOT rub eyes or touch.....same taboos as applys to TIGER BALM!LOL!!Surprised...some of you old guys never used this,perhaps I just got more sprains,bruses,twisted ankles etc.than most!I was young ,immortal & STUPID!!Hope age has made me a little wiser...at least I hope so.
Jim Clifton

A Feed & Grain store? Doesn't that mean the product is for veterinary use and not human use?

I think I'll stick with The tiger :)

lhommedieu

Black Belt
Reaction score
I use it - but for specific purposes. Its main ingredients are menthol and camphor. It is a warming, thick ointment for muscle aches and to disperse cold - so it's good for chronic injuires that get worse in cold and damp weather. It's fine for chest colds as well. Usefut for guasha and after cupping.

Best,

Steve Lamade

James Clifton

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Carol,
Yes & no.You would be surprised how many MA 's & gym rats use it. Yep.Vets use it on horses,label on front says,for strained muscles,reduces swelling,treats sore knees etc.I figure ,if they use it on $$$$$$$$$$$ horses,it's ok for me.Guy in the gym had a sore neck,his girlfriend said he was hurting,I had a bottle in my gym bag & told him to give it a try.He looked ,read & said "THIS IS FOR HORSES"!! Ok...I'll try anything once.Went back to lifting.Hr later he comes up & asks how much.....I'll buy this right now!! This is the first time I've been able to turn my neck in a week...how did you find this??I laughed & gave him the bottle! Try it...you might be surprised!
Jim

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A little under the nose clears the sinuses right up, too! I love the stuff, but I try to remember to use latex gloves in application...I've forgotten once or twice to wash the hands, too!

beau_safken

Black Belt
Reaction score
That stuff is the best. This kid once pissed off a ton of us in class in high school. I had my tourney bag with me and told the kid to come on over. He had a little bit of a runny nose and some coughing. I told him, take this tiger balm red and smear a good amount under your eyes, it will clear that sniffling right up. Before the teacher could do anything that kid was out of the door and in the head. Didn't see him for about 15 minutes and then he promptly shut up and let the rest of us work.

Love that stuff...Just have to wash your hands real well before adjusting your cup is all. ;)

Latest Discussions