The big disconnect. Or a follow up from Aikido vs MMA.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Then that is how you practice it without pretending to fall over or without crippling your training partner in an effort to pull a move off.
your single line responses and non responses replaced by video clips indicate to me that either your just arguing to be "right" rather than create informative dialog or your logic and abilty to formulate a coherent reply is lacking. either way im not gaining any insight, so im not going to bother.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What if... what if... what if...
The technique is the tree trunk. The "what if" is the tree branches.

If you (general YOU) have learned a technique, you also want to learn how to

1. counter it.
2. counter those counters.
3. ...

The deeper level that you train, the more detail that you will learn.

For example,

1. Hip throw is the technique.
2. Sink body down is the counter to hip throw.
3. Turn around and inner hook is the counter for sinking down.
4. Use upper leg to lift the inner hooking leg is the counter for inner hook.
5. ...

By using this method, you can learn many other techniques and counters. Should all MA systems use this method?

CMA_tree.jpg

Last edited:
OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
your single line responses and non responses replaced by video clips indicate to me that either your just arguing to be "right" rather than create informative dialog or your logic and abilty to formulate a coherent reply is lacking. either way im not gaining any insight, so im not going to bother.

You quoted a post that was three lines?

Are you in touch with reality? Because a lot of what you are accusing me of isn't happening.

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Here is a single line response and a video that answers your concerns.

Latest Discussions