The Arnold Classic in Columbus, Ohio

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
Anyone been to this, is it spectator friendly? I was trying to locate a schedule of events on a site but did'nt find any real particulars. I am especially interested in the Kenpo events. Anyone able to help out?

Thank you,
1stJohn1:9

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've been to the Arnold... event (no other word for it)... it's wall-to-wall chaos, way too much is going on. Everything from fencing and multiple MAs to Ping Pong to... well, bodybuilding, all going on in the enormous Convention Center, and pretty much impossible to keep track of even with a program. And every year, it gets more elaborate and overstuffed... at the current rate of expansion, it's going to be bigger than the Olympics in a decade or so.

I don't remember any Kenpo events, but I may simply have been there on the wrong day. My impression is, it's largely sport karate and Olympic-style TKD, with plenty of`special' sessions (XMA stuff and the like, weapon demos, and major breaking competition etc.) Remember, if as an entrepreneur you can pay your way in, then you get showtime there, so anyone with something to promote can get a piece of the action at this shindig.

It's a bit overwhelming, to tell the truth. I'm not sure it's a good use of your disposable income if you're looking for Kenpo activity...

kailat

Green Belt
Reaction score
The Arnold Classic is extremly that "CHAOTIC" The first year I went it was very well organized, seating and all was not over crowded and plenty of room to walk around. However, if you want to compete the wait is just gawdawful. I competed 1 time and probably won't do it again. Not to mention its fee for a competitor is outrageous. I have more fun just taking a Sat and or Sun and just getting in all the sites.

The body building side of the expo is tremendous if your into that scene. World strong man competitions, to benchpress competitions to the lovely BB ladies running around strutting thier stuff. Its a good time, in fact I had more fun in that part of the expo than the MA part.

Martial Arts wise, its wall to wall action. To former and current actors such as Don Wilson, Cynthia Rothrock, and others.

but it was like $10 per person for spectators and its a good day to waste and see some good athelets. If you never been I'd say its worth the trip to make your own judgement.

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
i went there 6 years ago took all day alot of my friends still go there they say it takes for ever it was like 70 bucks for medals boo

Latest Discussions