USMC Martial Art Instructors course

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a few students who'd volunteer! A couple of Para Regt PTIs and three Infantry Instructors, all MMA fighters. From another club there's a Royal Marine PTI who'd have a go, imagine the competitiveness of that lot lol!

Guardian

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, I'm alittle older now, but I wouldn't mind giving it a try, no guts no glory LOL. Not that it wouldn't kill me, but great exercise for sure.

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, I'm alittle older now, but I wouldn't mind giving it a try, no guts no glory LOL. Not that it wouldn't kill me, but great exercise for sure.

I'm with you, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
In the 90's I was taught L.I.N.E. very hapkido orientated. Front stance, locks, throws etc.

I have seen the MCMAP stuff. I was a Sgt. in the Marines, so I became a L.I.N.E. instructor for a time.......the stuff they do now is more advanced than the L.I.N.E. Training......A recruiter friend of mine has his black belt in the system, I learned it from him prettty quickly, It is some harsh stuff.

Make no mistake, Marines are only trained for 2 things.....1) Make every shot a kill and 2) Make every fight the one you win unconditionally.

I like the MCMAP program, great stuff.....but I am biased being as I am a former Marine Corps Sergeant.

Brandon Fisher

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have a friend who is a retired USMC Chief Warrant officer and he is a Marine corp certified instructor and we have had conversations about the program and wow.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Matt, I'm right there with you on the L.I.N.E. system. Every engagement ended in a killing strike. The mission has changed and so too has the Corps. I'd still like to do the new MCMAP training just for fun.

Semper Fi.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Matt, I'm right there with you on the L.I.N.E. system. Every engagement ended in a killing strike. The mission has changed and so too has the Corps. I'd still like to do the new MCMAP training just for fun.

Semper Fi.

As cool as L.I.N.E. was it is comparing what you learn white-1st dan to what 2nd dan and above entails. Anyone in Aikido, Hapkido, Judo, Tae Kwon Do whatever will know what I mean.

Think total domination without prejudice to total anilahation without prejudice. It is crazy. I do find it curious though the Army has adopted BJJ ground fighting in full combat/riot gear. Go to any book store and find it. But wow, just getting a copy of the cirriculum of MCMAP is next to impossible.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
We did a lot of pugil stick, boynet, and shanai training

Somehow during the hand to hand stuff I always had to sit out after they found out that I learned a lot of hapkido and judo. I did one of our cane techniques that ends as a shoulder throw with cane still in hand anchored between your shoulder and their armpit. The Shanai training was more like broad sword than quick jab stab, that was the fun bayonet stuff.

We had a drill of "take the other guys rifle away from him" Real interesting when both people have hands on rubber weapon and the whistle blows.

Latest Discussions