Martial Art in Athens, Ohio... Anyone?

SenseiBear

Blue Belt
Reaction score
In about 10 weeks I am moving to Athens Ohio for several years for Graduate School. One of the things I had been looking forward to was to begin a new style and become a student... However, the only MA I can find via my online searches are a Shotokan school and an MMA club at the college. I will try both, of course, but I don't have a ton of interest in either.

I was hoping someone on here may be aware of Martial Artists who do not advertise, may not be commercial schools, but who are actively sharing their art.

Athens is a small town, and I may be SOL and need to take on some students - I don't know that I am up for the 80 mile 1 way trip to Columbus on any regular basis.

So, anyone got some helpful info for me?

I know there are at least a couple of Bando schools in the area, and I'm sure there are other martial arts programs around.

Great - I have contacted the head instructor of Bando in Athens (thanks jks), and will check them out as soon as I get there - having spent some time today on the American Bando Associations website, it sounds right up my alley.

I would still be interested in any other systems/instructors anyone knows about.

Great - I have contacted the head instructor of Bando in Athens (thanks jks), and will check them out as soon as I get there - having spent some time today on the American Bando Associations website, it sounds right up my alley.

I would still be interested in any other systems/instructors anyone knows about.
Dale's a great guy; you'll enjoy training with him. Athens has some beautiful country, too... I've spent a fair bit of time there, over the years.

Back