Testing for my 1DL2 tonight

OP
karatemom

karatemom

Green Belt
Reaction score
Very cool belt. What does the other side say?

HoAm means Tiger Rock in English - it is the style of Taekwondo that ITA practices. www.itaonline.com

Congratulations!

What did you have to do for your test?

What new stuff do you get to learn now?

As for what I had to do: Besides training for over 2 yrs (starting from white belt) and achieving the rank of Probationary Black Belt. I had to be able to answer any question the instructor asked me, be able to demonstrate any type of block or kick he asked me to do. I had know the (ITA) name (which is Sky Form) of my form (Gwang-Gae is the Korean name), how many moves my form has and be able to do my form without error. I had to spar 3 (2 min.) rounds with 3 different opponents and break (plastic boards = 1.25 wooden boards) with some type of (non-spinning) kick on each leg.

I will practice this form for the next 4 months and work on getting it perfect (or as good as I can at my age/weight/physical ability *lol*) and work on setting a good example for the lower ranks. I'm not planning on persuing instructor status at this point in my life but I wouldn't mind helping out when I can (guess I'd better review all the other previous forms). I will be eligible to test again for the Next Level (1D L3) in March 2009.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Way to go Karate Mom! Congratulations on all your hard work!

:partyon:

Latest Discussions