Taking a break for a while........

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
This is going to be my last post for a while and for those of you who may care or not,here's my reasons....
1) Rep points.
I think they should be done away with.
99% of all people who give negative do it anonymously just because they lack the cajones to face a reprisal,even in the safety of thier own home.
I honestly haven't recieved that many,but under the circumstances they were given,cowardice.
And even when I give a DAMN GOOD EXPLAINATION,to try and rectify the problem "civil" like...I get another neg.
And then I am accused of whinning about it.Bite me.
Some gave me a negative rep a while back and I BEGGED for the person to tell me if I was being a racist or sexist or what.
Nothing.
If I made a mistake to offend someone,tell me what I did so I don't do it again.But again...nothing.They didn't even have the cajone or decency to correct me.
And when I make the effort again....Suddenly,I'm whinning.again...Bite me.
If you don't like being called a coward just because YOU can't handle telling some one your opinion and have to hide behind rep points...GET OFF THE DAMN BOARD! You just inflame the situation by being gutless.
If you are going to keep the points,an explanation should be mandatory.you don't have to sign it,but maybe,JUST maybe,the person who offended you might learn something and it could prevent future hassles.
And for the record,some people preach "we have the right to expression",I have NEVER given a neg rep based purely on that!
And "the right to anonymity"...when the gov't gives my right back...you can have yours.

2) These people people who believe that I and others like me, who TRUELY want to speak our mind and be honest about EVERY situation think we are evil people just because we're not some rainbow-chasin, tree-huggin hippies.
I LIKE a good fight!
I mean a good old fashion rough and tumble,barstool bashin,jaw-breakin,brick-throwin,law ignorin street fight is good for the soul some time! Maybe not for all,but for some,,,,hell yea!
And ya know what? I can and have accepted defeat! If I lose,so be it!
I have been beat,kicked,stomped,stabbed in the chest,shot with rocksalt and bacon grease(most painful pear I ever stole!) and left for dead.But that was MY choice!
I was raised a redneck country boy from Onslow county,N.C and thats what we did.We NEVER involved anyone who wasn't up for the same thing!
It just ain't southern not oblige folk;)
And don't anyone dare be a hypocrite and call me a rascist either!
On the other hand,I worked as a bouncer for the first 2 years I lived here in the UK and I got 2 write ups in local papers for being the most POLITE and helpful doorman in all of Buckinghamshire county because as a proffesional,I did what was expected of me and I never did the "revenge" thing after work.I was respected by everybody.
But what I do in my off time is my business. I don't care who gets offended by it.
I am a veteran of the US army.
I am pro death penalty. Some people just need killin.
I believe the enemy should be met head on.Not coddled and given 3 hots and a cot on my dime.
Fight fire with fire!
Try and rise above it all you want...the flames WILL reach you.
Don't condemn those of us who can and are willing to fight to put those flames out just because YOU can't do it.
I became a martial artist to fight,not to run.
I'm not a vigilante,but I am not going to stand by and watch some one else become a victim when !I! can do something to stop it!
I am NOT going to apologise to anyone for my true feelings.
I am offended by those "thenthative" people who point fingers at me just because I am true to myself and those around and they are to coward to look in the mirror.
Cause ya know what?! I may be thoroughly disgusted by it,but I would gladly give my life to protect those same "thenthative" people.
Why? because thats an honorable thing to do.
Who cares if it ain't "legally" right?! GOD is my judge.
You might not like it,but I am one of the ones you will hide behind when the *** hits the fan.
I am ok with being a sheepdog.
I have no regrets but one...not marrying Robin before she passed away from cancer at the age of 29. I LOVE YA BABY AND I WILL SEE YOU AGAIN!
I don't drink,at all!
I don't do drugs,at all.
I'm not a child molester (back to the "need killin
")
I'm not a rapist and I have NEVER hit a woman except 2,one had a knife and one had a claw hammer.No regrets.
I don't steal or rob from people.
I HATE CEO'S THOUGH!
I don't care about money.I have been homeless and probably will be again.
screww democrats AND republicans! And NO,I don't vote!
screw Bush 2 or 3 times!
I eat meat and by God..I like it!
I have no guilt.My conscience is clean.
This is who I am.
I am human.
My name is Damien.And it's Nice to meet you.

If I am forbidden from returning,so be it.
There are some wonderful and beautiful people here(specially the one who gave me last neg rep;)) sorry,couldn't let that one go!
I am not asking for forgiveness,just understanding for those who think like I do. We're not bad people.
We're just like you.....only different.
Til then..........

:asian:

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Pay 12 bucks, become a supporting member, and disable your reputation. MT is a great site. It's the only martial arts site I visit. Becoming a member is worth it because you get to support this thing and you can dispense with some of the BS you're ranting about.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The rep./karma system has caused problems at other sites too. But, people here whine about it all the time, it seems.

It's probably more trouble than it's worth, but I also don't know why someone would leave over it.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Don't let the bad people get to you. We all will have someone/others disagree with us, try to put us down and so on.

A part of growing up is letting the bullets bounce off (comments). If you let it effect you.....they win!

"Stick and stones may hurt my bones but words will never hurt me" something like that...........

The world is not perfect and neither are people.................Stay focus...stay positive....accept the things that are happening and keep the stuff you want for what is right for you. Let the rest go into thin air..........Aloha

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I once got a of bad rep for speaking err rather writing my mind on a Bruce Lee issue, dont let it get to you man. And I absolutely agree, that negative or positive points should not be anonymous. Dont leave on account of it though Bamm, MT is a great site.

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Vacations can be good to the soul. Come back when and if you are ready. You obviously have some issues with the Rep system and people's perceptions of you. You also seem to have a bunch of supporters or friends here. You will have to determine which you value more.

-Michael Billings
MT S-Mod

Latest Discussions