Strange But True

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So I am talking to this guy the other day. He tells me this story about how he visited his parents, and they had to explain a phone call to him.

Son: Mom you said you got a phone call I should know about. What is up?

Mom: Should I tell him?

Dad: ** Nods head reluctantly

Mom: I got this call a couple of weeks ago. It was this guy who said he was calling for a reference for my Daughter In Law. At first thought I thought it was one of your Brothers wife. Yet he said the name. It was your ex-wife. I told him that I do not like to say bad things about people, and that all I can say is that I have not seen her for 7+ years.

In the background I could here your ex-wife telling him I would give her a good reference.

Son: ** Jaw in the floor

Dad: ** Shaking his head

Mom: I know you have not seen here in about 6+ years since the divorce was final, as you have no kids, so no contact is required.

Boy is that strange:

I told the guy to check his credit, if she is using his family as job references, she might be using him to get credit.

:idunno: :lookie: :shrug: :xtrmshock :waah: :erg: :ticked: :barf: :uhohh: :vu: :wah: :uhoh: :disgust: :( :anic:

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The assessment of the whole deal sounds about right... using former relatives hoping to build up good credit or job references.

Some people ya know?? :rolleyes:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh man! Sounds like she's pretty desperate.

Latest Discussions