Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Dark Kenpo Lord

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Old Fat Kenpoka said:
I dunno Clyde. I think YOU get plenty of feedback on the forum. Have you taken time to add it all up? The rep points are a good scorecard about how people FEEL about what you say in the forums.
Most of what I say is well recieved, and if not, I really could care less, I'm just giving my opinion, like it or not. Honesty is not a virtue, it's a curse.

DarK LorD

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Aha, I think these rep point things are turning out to be fun! Anon or non-anon, it beats people taping "kick me" signs to my back when I'm sleeping.

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dark Kenpo Lord said:
Honesty is not a virtue, it's a curse.

DarK LorD
INDEED!
laugh.gif

OP
Dark Kenpo Lord

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
dubljay said:
I'm sorry Dark but this is a contradiction in itself. If you don't care then why does it matter who gave what reps? Perhaps I am wrong but judging by this thread you care very much about rep points, and there is nothing wrong with that. I can understand that your personal views on matters may not be how everyone else sees things and that leads to negative reps points by those who are too closed minded to see things in another ways. However I don't see how griping about it and calling names (anonypusses) about those who are too afraid to own up to their negative comments will cause them to act differently, if anything it will give them more of a cause to leave anonymous reps.

I freely admit that I don’t like getting negative rep points; however I use the negative points to examine my responses to see if I could have handled the response better, or if I need to take a different perspective on the matter.

Just my opinion and I could be wrong

-Josh-
It's not the insults or criticisms I concern myself with, it's the fact people don't have the gonads to at least let us know who's throwing the insults. I just come right out and say it, I don't use the rep system to do it, I post it.

DarK LorD

Old Fat Kenpoka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Dark Kenpo Lord said:
Most of what I say is well recieved, and if not, I really could care less, I'm just giving my opinion, like it or not. Honesty is not a virtue, it's a curse.

DarK LorD

Clyde: If most of what you say is so well received, why do you have the second worst "reputation" on the MarialTalk member list? That is an achievment that must be earned I think. And, if you don't really care, why does this thread exist?

OP
Dark Kenpo Lord

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Old Fat Kenpoka said:
Clyde: If most of what you say is so well received, why do you have the second worst "reputation" on the MarialTalk member list? That is an achievment that must be earned I think. And, if you don't really care, why does this thread exist?
I hate anonypusses, and when you critique someone, have the courtesy to at least let them know who is critiquing them and why. I do, hence the reason for the -reps LOL.

DarK LorD

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Honesty is not the problem ... the problem is HOW you tell the person, and what your agenda is when telling them.

It varies, and not everyone is aware of their own agenda or motivation behind confronting others. Or it is a way of manipulating to get a desired outcome?

Honesty is a tricky thing and can be used to hurt as easily as to help ... and is only a curse if you make it one.

-Michael

Old Fat Kenpoka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I think it is kind of funny...I've received three positive rep points for my posts on this thread...

Two of them were anonymous.
%think%

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Old Fat Kenpoka said:
I think it is kind of funny...I've received three positive rep points for my posts on this thread...

Two of them were anonymous.
%think%
LOL I've recieved a couple as well... both anon.

bdparsons

Black Belt
Reaction score
Honesty is not a virtue said:
Maybe so, Clyde, but I'd sure rather be cursed for being honest than be praised for being dishonest. Keep the honesty coming! I've signed each and every post on every forum I've ever been on. Never gave any rep points to anyone one way or the other, but you can bet I'd post my name if I did. In fact, here I go!

Respects,
Bill Parsons
Triangle Kenpo Institute

R

rmcrobertson

I'd have thought that martial artists who go out of their way first to read, then to post, then to attack, should have the wherewithal to stand behind what they think and write in public with their names--you know, kinda an, "if you can't say anything nice, at least stand up for your ideas yourself," policy--but never mind.

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Clyde as you know, I don't believe in negative anomyous rep, so I agree with you there, but, I have to follow Pete's lead here and hand you some soap and water LOL.

It's obvious to me why someone gave you negative rep. It's not what you say to people that's the issue here I bet, it's how you say it. I think we can all figure out what the negative rep was given for, although unfortunatlely we won't know who gave it. I'm sorry for that, and maybe after reading this thread people will see it's ok to sign your name. I do have to say though, I don't give negative rep, but I don't know, if that was my kid I might have dinged you for your response. It was hot. I would have let you know it though. Ask yourself, if you were a proud parent of a five year old would you care how he tied his own belt? Further as a parent, how would that comment alone have made you feel? My little guy at five tied his own belt and even the belts of other older children, but if he couldn't have done it properly at that age I wouldn't have held it against him, besides in this case if that's how the boy's teacher wants it done then there's no problem at all. Why not try and find out the reason it's tied that way first before responding with criticism? If you have an issue with how he ties his belt that's fine, but educate him, his teacher, his parents - otherwise it's just unconstructive criticism. No one says you have to be happy, happy all the time, but IMHO respectful replies get you heard. I think you have a lot to offer in terms of Kenpo. It's great to see when you've been heard! :asian:

MJ :asian:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
rmcrobertson said:
I'd have thought that martial artists who go out of their way first to read, then to post, then to attack, should have the wherewithal to stand behind what they think and write in public with their names--you know, kinda an, "if you can't say anything nice, at least stand up for your ideas yourself," policy--but never mind.

rmcrobertson,

One might think this would be obvious, but this DarK LorD, people speak of does not sign his posts in his signature nor does he have his name in the public profile for people to know who he is.

It might be another person who just like him wishes to remain unknown, yet express their opinion.

pete

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
One might think this would be obvious, but this DarK LorD, people speak of does not sign his posts in his signature nor does he have his name in the public profile for people to know who he is.
nobody's saying you have to fully identify yourself on public posts, but rep shots are personal... at least give your screen name, or just keep it public.

pete

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
When I get negative reps, it is usually on topics from the study. Now, I am example of why a bell curve gets narrower at the ends, that is where I live and think and breathe. I realize my points of view are not in the mainstream.

What irks me the most, is that people won't discuss the issue at hand; they don't think through my comments and refute them. Many don't argue why their point of view is more reasonable than mine. They just figure a red square does the trick.

Dark Kenpo Lord ... I have probably given you anonymous negative rep points in the past. I am at the point now, where I will not give the point anonymously.

But remember, it is always better to be either 'hot' or 'cold'; nobody wants luke-warm.

Mike

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
pete said:
nobody's saying you have to fully identify yourself on public posts, but rep shots are personal... at least give your screen name, or just keep it public.

pete

I sign mine, both positive and negative. Yet, someitmes in a hurry I might forget to put it in, but not on purpose, I do make mistakes. Yet, I do not hold everyone up to the same belief that I hold. If they choose to live somewhere else, woek somewhere else, or behave differently, then fine. Now on occasion I do act in a offical manner for those who do act differently and against the policies of this forum, but in the best interest of the forum. Yet, in my personal posts, I allow for others to have different thoughts then mine. Although some people not you, have made it clear that if you do not think like them then you are just plain wrong. I think their actions speak for them, in this case, but I do not try to change them, unless it is against the policy then I try to nudge the in the direction of acceptable behavior.

:asian:

pete

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
just seems a little rediculous to have a forum where a screen name is required in order to post publicly, but not privately... ???

pete

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi Clyde,

While we are talking about your failure to provide a name to your profile LOL..

Clyde, Hint Hint It was probably *** and that is not for my initials either...

But hea, if and when you are avaliable in early March I have got to meet you Dude... I will be in the area the week of the 7th. How about it???

Have you forgotten our agreement??? Video's you got some videos???

As to the thread I understand and therefore, I will probably get dinged for the empathy and care for a fellow cursed Kenpoist...Don't like belts when do you think they will go the velcro???With a knot???

Do you tie yours on the right, left, or in the middle??? Just joking Clyde LOL...

Regards, Gary%-}

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
pete said:
just seems a little rediculous to have a forum where a screen name is required in order to post publicly, but not privately... ???

pete

I believe that the policy the last I checked was the PM's e-mails and Reputation was private communication and not directly monitored by the staff. If there is or was a problem then report it, and the senoir staff will investigate to ee if abuse or harassment has occurred.

I also find it a little ridiculous, that grown adults can act certain ways on the internet. Some attack, some snipe, some are just disagreeable, others are insulting, do not think about content before posting it. Yet, most are human and when reminded recognize their mistake and move on. Others continue their actions and or argue a point to just continue the arguement.

Now, I have been known to act differently myself, and usually it is a direct reflection of how people are treating me, so I do not presume that everyone will be perfect.

So, Pete I am just trying to answer your comments, not be a jerk about it. If you have a problem with a comment in a REP statement, for content or such then please report it. If you have suggestions, then either post them in the support forum or send them directly to a staff member for consideration by the staff at large.

Just a side note, check the support forum I think there is a therad or two there might answer if the software can support you idea. I am off to work again.

Peace
:asian:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions