Anonymity pisses me off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I know you guys have the capability to post the name of the person that reps you, it would be nice not to have to put up with anonypusses that -rep you with complete anonymity. I could care less if I get -repped or not, but I'd at least like to know who's throwing the comments. It would at least make people keep their fingers to themselves if they know their Screenname would be posted next to their comments for rebuttal.

DarK LorD

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Damn, Clyde. I think Noble just poked a finger in yer ribs.

I heard someone say something to the effect, once, that how a man handles money of others speaks of his character. 80% can't be trusted to do the right thing; large sums too tempting. 10% will do the right thing, out of fear of consequences. Only the remaining 10% will conduct themselves honorably, because they are honorable men.

I get bogus brownie points from anonymous nay-sayers, too; it's a by-product of having an opinion on a public forum. When they sign their work, I have the chance to respect them for the honor displayed in their behavior. When they do not, I have the chance to consider them part of the 80%.

Regards,

Dave

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
To date I think I might have once OR twice given a rep point without putting my name next to the comment... probably because I simply forgot to. To err is human... I think. :idunno:

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
MACaver said:
To date I think I might have once OR twice given a rep point without putting my name next to the comment... probably because I simply forgot to. To err is human... I think. :idunno:
Hi,
Are you saying you did it:idunno:...

Just figure they are afraid of you Clyde...

Sorry I sent you one awhile back----GREEN----and I have to wait until I spread the butter to someone else LOL...

Regards, Gary:partyon:

kenpoworks

Purple Belt
Reaction score
"anonypusses .... with complete anonymity........ like to know who's throwing the comments......their Screenname would be posted next to their comments for rebuttal".
I actually find my self agreeing wit the theme of DKL's post.
Rich.

O

OC Kid

ive gotten a few rep points with insults done in anonymity. I just consider the character and dont put much weight on it.

Kenpodoc

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't give a lot of points out either way. Generally I'd rather just post an opinion. I've noticed that every negative I've been given was anonymous. So it goes. Most people are afraid to stand behind their own opinions and actions. I don't always agree with Clyde but at least he's up front and honest.

Jeff

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I wonder if it's worth getting too worked up about.

I know that those who love me (if there are any) will still love me (probably) no matter how many +/- rep points I get (I hope).

I haven't given any yet, but it looks it might be fun to do it anon. But I'm a glutton for rebuttle, so I'll probably attach my name.

Old Fat Kenpoka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Dark Kenpo Lord said:
I know you guys have the capability to post the name of the person that reps you, it would be nice not to have to put up with anonypusses that -rep you with complete anonymity. I could care less if I get -repped or not, but I'd at least like to know who's throwing the comments. It would at least make people keep their fingers to themselves if they know their Screenname would be posted next to their comments for rebuttal.

DarK LorD

Clyde: since you are always right, what do you care what anyone else thinks about you or about anything else?

OP
Dark Kenpo Lord

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Old Fat Kenpoka said:
Clyde: since you are always right, what do you care what anyone else thinks about you or about anything else?
I'd just like to know at least who's giving rep to either thank them or confront them. And, you're right, I'm always right, Narcissism can do wonders for your self esteem LOL.

DarK LorD

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
well from what i get from this post you seem like the type of person who if givin a neg rep point would come back and ding who ever sent you the point, so should i ever give out neg rep points to you or anyone else i pry wouldnt post my name. But i also think that neg rep points are pointess because i believe that if you cant say something positively you shouldnt be saying it so neg rep points are of no use to me.

Pacificshore

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Dark Kenpo Lord said:

DarK LorD
If you could care less..then why bother :idunno:
I don't even know how to "rep" someone, nor do I care to.
But if your getting negatively repped, then you probably already know the answer to "why"

Just my 2 cents

OP
Dark Kenpo Lord

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Pacificshore said:
If you could care less..then why bother :idunno:
I don't even know how to "rep" someone, nor do I care to.
But if your getting negatively repped, then you probably already know the answer to "why"

Just my 2 cents
DUH, read above post. I would at least like to confront those whose -rep, they wouldn't do it if they had to post their Screenname cuz most ain't got the stones.

DarK LorD

Old Fat Kenpoka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Dark Kenpo Lord said:
DUH, read above post. I would at least like to confront those whose -rep, they wouldn't do it if they had to post their Screenname cuz most ain't got the stones.

DarK LorD

I dunno Clyde. I think YOU get plenty of feedback on the forum. Have you taken time to add it all up? The rep points are a good scorecard about how people FEEL about what you say in the forums.

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dark Kenpo Lord said:
I I could care less if I get -repped or not, but I'd at least like to know who's throwing the comments.

DarK LorD

I'm sorry Dark but this is a contradiction in itself. If you don't care then why does it matter who gave what reps? Perhaps I am wrong but judging by this thread you care very much about rep points, and there is nothing wrong with that. I can understand that your personal views on matters may not be how everyone else sees things and that leads to negative reps points by those who are too closed minded to see things in another ways. However I don't see how griping about it and calling names (anonypusses) about those who are too afraid to own up to their negative comments will cause them to act differently, if anything it will give them more of a cause to leave anonymous reps.

I freely admit that I don’t like getting negative rep points; however I use the negative points to examine my responses to see if I could have handled the response better, or if I need to take a different perspective on the matter.

Just my opinion and I could be wrong

-Josh-

pete

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
rep points are CRAP. i disagree with whoever said everyone should keep everything positive... that's CRAP too. the purpose of these boards are to share ideas and learn from the experiences of others. if you see someone with CRAP on his face, tell him to wash it off. maybe the kid with the belt tied wrong will ask his instructor how to tie it correctly, or maybe the instructor is reading this stuff too and will take more time to show his students. or maybe people will take more time to improve their technique before putting CRAP out there for the world to see... doesn't that help everyone.

pete

OP
Dark Kenpo Lord

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
pete said:
rep points are CRAP. i disagree with whoever said everyone should keep everything positive... that's CRAP too. the purpose of these boards are to share ideas and learn from the experiences of others. if you see someone with CRAP on his face, tell him to wash it off. maybe the kid with the belt tied wrong will ask his instructor how to tie it correctly, or maybe the instructor is reading this stuff too and will take more time to show his students. or maybe people will take more time to improve their technique before putting CRAP out there for the world to see... doesn't that help everyone.

pete
Who loves ya baby?

DarK Lord <-----------needs to perfect video content before uploading even a test LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.