Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Dark Kenpo Lord

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
mj-hi-yah said:
Clyde as you know, I don't believe in negative anomyous rep, so I agree with you there, but, I have to follow Pete's lead here and hand you some soap and water LOL.

It's obvious to me why someone gave you negative rep. It's not what you say to people that's the issue here I bet, it's how you say it. I think we can all figure out what the negative rep was given for, although unfortunatlely we won't know who gave it. I'm sorry for that, and maybe after reading this thread people will see it's ok to sign your name. I do have to say though, I don't give negative rep, but I don't know, if that was my kid I might have dinged you for your response. It was hot. I would have let you know it though. Ask yourself, if you were a proud parent of a five year old would you care how he tied his own belt? Further as a parent, how would that comment alone have made you feel? My little guy at five tied his own belt and even the belts of other older children, but if he couldn't have done it properly at that age I wouldn't have held it against him, besides in this case if that's how the boy's teacher wants it done then there's no problem at all. Why not try and find out the reason it's tied that way first before responding with criticism? If you have an issue with how he ties his belt that's fine, but educate him, his teacher, his parents - otherwise it's just unconstructive criticism. No one says you have to be happy, happy all the time, but IMHO respectful replies get you heard. I think you have a lot to offer in terms of Kenpo. It's great to see when you've been heard! :asian:

MJ :asian:
Hey MJ, we've spoken before and I hope you're well.

My point in that post was simple, I hear about all the accomplishments, how many belts, placement in a tournament, etc. etc., and all I see is a child that hasn't learn to tie their belt. Whether that be the child, the instructor, a combination, whatever, I placed no blame, I only stated the fact. Norma at least told me what she thought in posts, and I applaud her for standing up for her and her son, but this rep thing is a different issue. I'm not the parent of a 5 year old, and I never will be if all goes according to plan, and I don't need to be a parent to understand.

I know MT has the capability to put who is repping you, and they should do so to keep anonypusses from doing it just to spite others or get their little ninja kicks.

DarK LorD

Old Fat Kenpoka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Dark Kenpo Lord said:

My point in that post was simple, I hear about all the accomplishments, how many belts, placement in a tournament, etc. etc., and all I see is a child that hasn't learn to tie their belt. Whether that be the child, the instructor, a combination, whatever, I placed no blame, I only stated the fact. Norma at least told me what she thought in posts, and I applaud her for standing up for her and her son, but this rep thing is a different issue.

I know MT has the capability to put who is repping you, and they should do so to keep anonypusses from doing it just to spite others or get their little ninja kicks.

DarK LorD

Wow Clyde. Most 5 year olds can't tie their shoes and many can't tell left from right in the time needed to properly do a new technique. Most 5 year olds can't pay attention for an hour in group class and most would rather run for a hug than do a kata in front of an audience and panel of scowling Black Belts.

And you focused on a badly tied belt? -1 rep point for you dude.

Reactions: MJS
OP
Dark Kenpo Lord

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Old Fat Kenpoka said:
Wow Clyde. Most 5 year olds can't tie their shoes and many can't tell left from right in the time needed to properly do a new technique. Most 5 year olds can't pay attention for an hour in group class and most would rather run for a hug than do a kata in front of an audience and panel of scowling Black Belts.

And you focused on a badly tied belt? -1 rep point for you dude.
Just let me know who's doing it, that's all I ask dude.

DarK LorD

OP
Dark Kenpo Lord

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Michael Billings said:
Honesty is not the problem ... the problem is HOW you tell the person, and what your agenda is when telling them.

It varies, and not everyone is aware of their own agenda or motivation behind confronting others. Or it is a way of manipulating to get a desired outcome?

Honesty is a tricky thing and can be used to hurt as easily as to help ... and is only a curse if you make it one.

-Michael
Cmon Mike, we don't live in HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY LAND. Why does everyone have to be nice when they tell the truth? Even when the truth is right under their nose, with most people you have to shove it in their face for them to see it, and even then they deny it or make excuses for it, I just don't get sanctimonious about it. Oh well, such as life, the amoeba lives forever and the tiger is nearly extinct, gonna have to put that in my sig now LOL.

DarK LorD

Thunderbolt

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Old Fat Kenpoka said:
Clyde: If most of what you say is so well received, why do you have the second worst "reputation" on the MarialTalk member list? That is an achievment that must be earned I think. And, if you don't really care, why does this thread exist?
if Clyde is the second worst "reputatio" on MT, who is the first.?
thanks

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dark Kenpo Lord said:
Cmon Mike, we don't live in HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY LAND. Why does everyone have to be nice when they tell the truth? Even when the truth is right under their nose, with most people you have to shove it in their face for them to see it, and even then they deny it or make excuses for it, I just don't get sanctimonious about it. Oh well, such as life, the amoeba lives forever and the tiger is nearly extinct, gonna have to put that in my sig now LOL.

DarK LorD

Clyde,

Yes, sometimes even when you tell someone the truth, and show them the truth, they still do not see it, for they just do not see it in themselves that way. You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make them drink.

:asian:

pete

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make them drink.
or you could just wait there with that stubborn horse till he dies of dehydration, only to realize he was an ***.

well i for one ain't gettin any younger...

pete.

OP
Dark Kenpo Lord

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
pete said:
or you could just wait there with that stubborn horse till he dies of dehydration, only to realize he was an ***.

pete.
Now that is classic wisdom, keep it comin' Pete, we need more of it.

DarK LorD

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
BrandiJo said:
well from what i get from this post you seem like the type of person who if givin a neg rep point would come back and ding who ever sent you the point, so should i ever give out neg rep points to you or anyone else i pry wouldnt post my name.
This isn't really going to be a concern, however. Dark Kenpo Lord won't be influencing anybody's rep for awhile. According to reppanomics, DKL is unable to influence others rep while in the red. It takes a lot of sunshine to overcome a couple of red dots. :cheers:

OP
Dark Kenpo Lord

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
This isn't really going to be a concern, however. Dark Kenpo Lord won't be influencing anybody's rep for awhile. According to reppanomics, DKL is unable to influence others rep while in the red. It takes a lot of sunshine to overcome a couple of red dots. :cheers:
OOOOH, all that spiritual goodness, why do you think I chose the name Dark Kenpo Lord. Yea, you can see I'm so concerned with building someone's reputation for a friggin' forum, cmon.

DarK Lord

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dark Kenpo Lord said:
I am thanks, and same to you. :)

My point in that post was simple, I hear about all the accomplishments, how many belts, placement in a tournament, etc. etc., and all I see is a child that hasn't learn to tie their belt. Whether that be the child, the instructor, a combination, whatever, I placed no blame, I only stated the fact. Norma at least told me what she thought in posts, and I applaud her for standing up for her and her son, but this rep thing is a different issue. I'm not the parent of a 5 year old, and I never will be if all goes according to plan, and I don't need to be a parent to understand.
Clyde I appreciate this response. Thanks for taking the time. First, like I said before, I 100% agree with you on the rep points. Identify yourselves. In fact, I think there'd be a certain satisfaction in signing reputation messages. It would solve a lot of these types of problems.

Secondly, I suspected what you were getting at in that first thread, but we've spoken and to a certain extent I get where you are coming from, but most people haven't spoken to you or met you and have to go only by what they read. You gave such little information or insight into your thoughts in that post. This post above is perfect, you gave us more to go by and let us into some of the thoughts behind that statement. It makes more sense to the reader this way. Whether we agree with the points you make or not, we have a place to begin a discussion, or at the very least have a better understanding of your point of view.

Also, you are right you don't need to be a parent to understand how one might feel. I'm sorry if I made you feel that, but you do need some experience with five year olds to know what they are capable of to understand what is reasonable to expect from a child that age. As a former Kindergarten teacher I can tell you, it is true LOL, I've tied lots of shoes in my day! Tying is one skill that requires a lot of attention at that age.

Perhaps for another thread do you think that maybe we shouldn't have kids in tournaments and such at very young ages? If that's your greater point, it's reasonable and debatable.

MJ :asian:

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Dark Kenpo Lord said:
OOOOH, all that spiritual goodness, why do you think I chose the name Dark Kenpo Lord. Yea, you can see I'm so concerned with building someone's reputation for a friggin' forum, cmon.

DarK Lord
I'm glad for you, however, I was responding to someone else. Your concerns are none of mine.

K

Karazenpo

Pacificshore stated: I don't even know how to "rep" someone, nor do I care to.

Don't feel bad, I don't either, lol.

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
i really dont know much about how the rep thingy works, so thanks for the info :D

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
pete said:

pete.

Pete and Clyde,

Thank you both for making my point.
:asian:

H

Hawkeye

Okay. I'm pretty new to this board. What is a rep, or rep point? Help a brother out.

Hawk

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
If you are posting under anything but your own name then you have no right to complain about "annonypussys".

Post under your own name, sign your posts or STFUDA.

Some "Anonymouses" squeek just to be noticed I think.

So, "Nose Picker", "Rusty Blade", "Dork Lard", et-all, keep whining. I'll just keep on trolling along. :rofl:

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Bester said:
If you are posting under anything but your own name then you have no right to complain about "annonypussys".

Post under your own name, sign your posts or STFUDA.

Some "Anonymouses" squeek just to be noticed I think.

So, "Nose Picker", "Rusty Blade", "Dork Lard", et-all, keep whining. I'll just keep on trolling along. :rofl:
Hi all,

I will say this, if you don't support the martialtalk and I mean by paying some dues and become a supporting member.

Then I do believe some of what Bester is talking about is valid..I just got hammered for 10 points about a post I made...

I am sure it was a moderator but that is better then getting suspended...Little wake up call...Kind of like caffine in the morning only with a jolt...

Regards, Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions