Tae Kwon Do forms

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Weel I study Okinawa Karate for years but I'm proud to be in Tae Kwon Do, it has been a remarkable Art for me over the last 24 years. I relize the ups and down between ITF and WTF and Kukkiwon the Art versus the sport but all in all the poomse we do have a great deal of impact for those that wish to have faith in them. Between Chon-ji and Tae gueks and pal gaue (mispelled) to late to look up. We have grown over the years, weather which you prefer they all have some great details in them with proper guideness one can come to relize the effect they can have on your life.
Terry

Spookey

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Dear All,

I agree with what Mr. Fine said completely...

My dojang is called Bateman Taekwon-Do Oh Do Kwan. The first is my family name, second the art, and third to honor the path by which our Kwan Jang first learned Taekwon-Do.

Accordingly, we have removed all the Heian Katas that where originally taught along side the newly created (and originally incomplete) Chang Hon Hyungs. This may sound in contradiction to what Mr. Fine said, but in actuality it is not.

The Oh Do Kwan was created by General Choi - his intintion (through his own words) was to create something seperate from Karate-Do. In order to follow his vision it was necessary to do just that - SEPERATE -

Our Kwan Jang was originally an instructor of the Oh Do Kwan and then later the ITF - In order to honor both with courtesy and admiration we now practice a total of 25 hyungs (tul). This total of twenty five hyungs is the culmination of the original set of twenty which included Ko-Dang, plus the addition five hyungs later introduced to the set!

Finally, I agree with the words of Mr. Fine and will add this...

In order to preserve the heritage of your kwan you must put forth a great effort...name recognition is not enough...

Honor your Kwan with actions!

TAEKWON!
SpooKeY

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Spookey said:
In order to preserve the heritage of your kwan you must put forth a great effort...name recognition is not enough...

Honor your Kwan with actions!

TAEKWON!
SpooKeY

I apologize as I am definitely going off-topic but I really wanted to stress this last point by Spookey. Words are fine, but actions are better (and speak louder).

I as a student am a reflection of my instructor and the kwan. My students are a reflection of me, my instructor, and the kwan...and so it goes. This is why it is important to always be a good role model, especially when you are in front of kids.

Sorry for going on a tangent!

Miles

Latest Discussions