strong side forward

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
For myself, I train to keep both sides equal. If you're going to train, I don't see why someone would want to neglect the other side.

Mike

green meanie

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I think the most important thing is to be in the stance that feels right to you. For some people it's the weak side, for some it's the strong. Both are valid and and both have their strong and weak points. I think the best place to be is where you can be yourself. After that learn how to switch it up and how to mix it up. Learn how to work from all positions. You never know when you might need it. :)

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
strangely I find my strong side is not my fast side. I use both equaly as best I can and have done as much damage (whn Need) with both but my strong side is the slower when attacking.
Must have to due with muscle mass vs. (what?)

ninhito

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I just go with whatever pops in my head at the time...like i might be going up against this one guy who ive seen in competition already in a tournament, and see he favors his left side so i might go with my left side, not to confuse him or anything, but to see how well i do with my left...its all in the head for me...

Latest Discussions