What are you working on?

bobster_ice

Black Belt
Reaction score
cfr said:
What area of your training are you currently trying most to improve on? What area really needs the most work? For me, the lead punch has been my main focus for several months, and probably will be for several more to come (in JKD we fight strong side forward, therefore its not really a jab but much more like a rear cross when done properly). It gotten much better recently, but not to where I want it. After that Id probably say the lead hook kick. Same deal, its coming along, but not where Id like it. So where is your focus right now? A punch? Kick? Footwork? Self defense technique? etc....

I plan to work on my general fitness for the summer as my Karate club always have compititions around that time of the year.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, let's see.

My balance isn't were I want it.
Flexibility could use some work.
My kicks need to be sharper.
My punches need to be more consistent.
My timing is consistenly substandard.
My forms need to be more consistent, sharper, more relaxed.
I'm about 10 lbs overweight.
My cardiovascular has dropped a bit.

Other than that, I'm good....

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Gemini said:
Well, let's see.

My balance isn't were I want it.
Flexibility could use some work.
My kicks need to be sharper.
My punches need to be more consistent.
My timing is consistenly substandard.
My forms need to be more consistent, sharper, more relaxed.
I'm about 10 lbs overweight.
My cardiovascular has dropped a bit.

Other than that, I'm good....

Hello, You are like most of us....normal...All of us need some kind of improvements....the mind,body and spirit...could be improve more..Aloha

Drag'n

Green Belt
Reaction score
Stamina!
I need it for upcomming fights.
Relaxing! Too much tension is whats tiring me out and slowing me down. Specially trying to relax my shoulders more. I'm realising that I dont need to use KO power for EVERY punch. Putting together faster looser combis with out "trying" too hard
Ballance! Focusing on my hara and keeping a strong center throughout all movement. Foot work is important here.
Defence! Keeping my chin tucked and hands up throughout combinations. Throwing shots back even when I take one. I sometimes get hit by combos because the first hit rocks my head and I cant see whats comming behind it.
Knee counters to punching attacks. This really takes good timing. But if you can nail a guy with a knee when he punches, he quickly looses confidence in using his hands, and I can keep him at kicking range where I want him.
Plus ground fighting.
Theres alot to work on. Always! :)

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Drag'n said:
Stamina!
I need it for upcomming fights.
Relaxing! Too much tension is whats tiring me out and slowing me down. Specially trying to relax my shoulders more. I'm realising that I dont need to use KO power for EVERY punch. Putting together faster looser combis with out "trying" too hard
Ballance! Focusing on my hara and keeping a strong center throughout all movement. Foot work is important here.
Defence! Keeping my chin tucked and hands up throughout combinations. Throwing shots back even when I take one. I sometimes get hit by combos because the first hit rocks my head and I cant see whats comming behind it.
Knee counters to punching attacks. This really takes good timing. But if you can nail a guy with a knee when he punches, he quickly looses confidence in using his hands, and I can keep him at kicking range where I want him.
Plus ground fighting.
Theres alot to work on. Always! :)

Learn to breath..slower...clear the mind This may help a little...always drop your center a inch or more once you are in your stances...you will find more moblility and more power...just an inch or so..everytime...and more relax....try it....Aloha

Latest Discussions