stop kick

Rook

Black Belt
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong but JKD got most of their kicks from TKD.

No. The JKD people will be here soon enough to explain more fully, but TKD is not one of the styles that Bruce Lee used in developing his fighting. The CMA people who criticize Lee point out that the kicks in his MOVIES happen to LOOK like TKD kicks. (Having techniques compared to Japanese or Korean styles is often an insult in the CMA community.)

In TKD they are called checking kicks, and they have many uses.

It is easy to stop someone who doesn't know how to chamber their kicks properly so you can stop them from kicking you in an instant.

It also can be used in the hip socket to stop someones movement, disrupt their timing, and throw them off balance.

The strength of the leg is irrevelant as these kicks are easy. The hardest/cirtical part is the timeing.

Ok.

With very little effort they can be aimed at joints to do damage.
Hmmm.....

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. The JKD people will be here soon enough to explain more fully, but TKD is not one of the styles that Bruce Lee used in developing his fighting. The CMA people who criticize Lee point out that the kicks in his MOVIES happen to LOOK like TKD kicks. (Having techniques compared to Japanese or Korean styles is often an insult in the CMA community.)

Ok.

Hmmm.....

And people snipe at the MMA community! Any kick that works is a good one, it's interesting to learn different syles but I fail to see where insults are useful!

Latest Discussions