Sssssssssssssssslllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooo ooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have been refreshing the "new topics" page at least once an hour, and I'm not seeing anything that really inspires me to participate so far today! That isn't to say the topics aren't interesting, but I can't think of anything worthwhile to add to the conversations.

So...what is everyone up to today?

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
sometimes things are not as interesting to others, i agree with you there. sometimes there are things that i would consider to be less interesting. perhaps you could share your thoughts on interesting conversations. they could well be interesting.

recently i just got a really nice spear for $132 and everything was 25% off which lowered it to $100(+ $8 for tax)now i got another weapon that can be used with BO Kata(the wood polish looks nice)
recently saw "the grandmaster". was a very interesting movie(i like the technique when he asked the man "did you eat lunch" and used the technique on his stomach and made him throw up

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have found this a lot in recent months but then I am taking less of an interest in things internet beyond killing time these days.

As for what I'm up to, feeling guilty for eating anything today because I at so much yesterday and wishing I was not at work and at home so I could work in the yard, do some Yoga, exercise and train MA

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
sometimes things are not as interesting to others, i agree with you there. sometimes there are things that i would consider to be less interesting. perhaps you could share your thoughts on interesting conversations. they could well be interesting.

recently i just got a really nice spear for $132 and everything was 25% off which lowered it to $100(+ $8 for tax)now i got another weapon that can be used with BO Kata(the wood polish looks nice)
recently saw "the grandmaster". was a very interesting movie(i like the technique when he asked the man "did you eat lunch" and used the technique on his stomach and made him throw up

I am interested in a lot of diverse things, so I can't really say there is any one kind of topic that inspires me to write. For a while I would post strictly on the wing chun board, since that is my style, but conversations on there have died down a lot. I post on the JKD board sometimes too, for the obvious reason that Bruce Lee started with wing chun so I am drawn to that too.

Then there is the fitness thing. I like home-based fitness workouts like P90X, so I like any discussions on exercise and nutrition. Actually, nutrition is the weak side of the fitness coin for me, so I prefer to search out topics on that more often than exercise.

Aside from that I also like to write all kinds of things: novels, short stories, poems, songs, movies, stage plays, etc. I also enjoy reading. Anything artistic gains my interest. Occasionally I will stray into responding to threads on politics, religion, or anything that talks about society issues but, whenever I do, I am quickly reminded why I should just stay out of those topics. LOL Discussion on politics and religion can quickly take the "friendly" out of this site's description.

Native

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

Nice. I bought a UC M48 Kommando Tomahawk a while back. It's finally warm enough to go out and practice throwing it. Never tossed a tomahawk before, so I expect to hit a whole lot of nothing for a while. If anyone has any hawk tips, I'll take 'em.

Also wingchun100, I'm currently on week 5 of P90X3. Definitely like the program.

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Also wingchun100, I'm currently on week 5 of P90X3. Definitely like the program.

Glad to hear it, man. I just finished a week or two ago. Focus T25 is up next. I didn't even get a notice that you bought it!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Recovery. Just recovery.

Long hike yesterday. Boston Marathon today for my real job (emergency comms).

Native

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Yep, got it right after we talked. You should be getting a fat check in the mail! May go T25 next, I'll see how you like it first.

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Recovery. Just recovery.

Long hike yesterday. Boston Marathon today for my real job (emergency comms).

I wish I were home in recovery. I have a desk job and it drives me nuts. What would my ideal job be? Running my own business that would combine wing chun, fitness and nutrition help.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Had to change the radiator in my little commuter car. I HATE working on little cars. My big hands don't fit well

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wish I were home in recovery. I have a desk job and it drives me nuts. What would my ideal job be? Running my own business that would combine wing chun, fitness and nutrition help.

I wish I was at home in recovery too. But duty calls so here I am.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nice. I bought a UC M48 Kommando Tomahawk a while back. It's finally warm enough to go out and practice throwing it. Never tossed a tomahawk before, so I expect to hit a whole lot of nothing for a while. If anyone has any hawk tips, I'll take 'em.

Native, as you already know, it's a good system, and Tony Horton sets the bar high. I've completed P90X a few times and now I'm going to purchase P90X2.

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Native, as you already know, it's a good system, and Tony Horton sets the bar high. I've completed P90X a few times and now I'm going to purchase P90X2.

Native and I go back a few years. He joined up with me on my team for a while there, although he prefers flying solo LOL. I know he has done P90X and now X3. As for me, I have done a few more:

*Insanity
*Asylum Volume 1
*Rev Abs
*Les Mills Combat
*P90X Plus
*10 Minute Trainer

Actually P90X Plus is more like an add-on program that you mix in with the original P90X. I'm a big fan of these workouts, although I'm not such a "Beachbody fanboy" that I think they are all great. For example, I wasn't the biggest fan of Combat because if you have already done Insanity, then Combat won't really stress your stamina that much. Plus there isn't much of a weightlifting component, so you won't gain strength either! So I don't really understand what purpose the program serves. Also for Rev Abs, while I admire Brett Hoebel's "ab-centrics" idea, it didn't really push me the way P90X and Insanity did. And not for nothing, but some of the workouts were repetitive...IE boring.

But the ones that do the job REALLY do the job, like the ones by Tony Horton and Shaun T.

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
We could always plan a murder, or start a religion. :)

Funny you should mention that. I was thinking of doing the latter. Well, it wouldn't really be a religion per se. I don't even know what you would call it LOL. At one point a friend of mine was joking with me that we could get a tax break by starting a religion, so we started to think of what we could dream up...but then it took on a more serious tone for me. Like I said, I ran it by someone who said what I have on my hands isn't really a religion, but it WOULD be something people could get behind.

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Careful...

there is a fine line between new religion and cult

This is no cult. I don't plan on brainwashing anyone or making them drink poisoned Kool Aid or make them think there is a spaceship hidden in the tail of a comet. :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
*10 Minute Trainer

I was not a big fan of 10 minute trainer, not so much because it did not work but because it cannot do as advertised based on the people they show you as an example.

You cannot get the results they imply on 10 minutes a day. You can if you do 3 ten minute workouts a day. It is a good program, I just wish their advertisement was a bit more honest

I did like Power90 and Ho’ Ala ke Kino way back in the stone age, when I did them, but the 10 minute trainer just did not work for me

Latest Discussions