Sssssssssssssssslllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooo ooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
No, and I hardly have a cult-like mindset when it comes to that myself. I mean, yes personally those are my favorite workouts to do, but if someone does Crossfit instead, that is fine by me. Whatever works for them. I have the same mentality when it comes to meeting people who practice something other than wing chun.

wimwag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm finishing up my boat trailer. I've got to sand and paint the bottom, recheck the light wiring (might be the truck), remove a blown tire and replace the bumpers...bleh.

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Come on, guys...really? Do I honestly have to say that I was using Crossfit just as an example? I don't think so, since my follow-up statement said, "Whatever works for you." I'm not going to sit here and type every alternative to Beachbody and/or wing chun to prove my point.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Come on, guys...really? Do I honestly have to say that I was using Crossfit just as an example? I don't think so, since my follow-up statement said, "Whatever works for you." I'm not going to sit here and type every alternative to Beachbody and/or wing chun to prove my point.

Yes :D

We're just messin wit ya :D

and we are not serious, just being funny

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes :D

We're just messin wit ya :D

and we are not serious, just being funny

I had a feeling but, given that (1) you can't "hear" the tone of someone's voice in text and (2) the way some have acted toward me on this site, I couldn't be sure...well, until you said so.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
that's the problem with written messages, its one of those things that make you think alright. like when your talking to someone and sarcasm is used... (and i forgot my beating stick)

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
This looks good, but a massive discount. Wonder what the catch is.

Where is the discount? When you go from these sites instead of signing up at the main site, that is when you do the payment plan. If you go to teambeachbody.com, then you pay it all up front. I don't think these individual sites provide any discount.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where is the discount? When you go from these sites instead of signing up at the main site, that is when you do the payment plan. If you go to teambeachbody.com, then you pay it all up front. I don't think these individual sites provide any discount.

I was going on the 600 quids worth of product for a minimal outlay. I find these things somewhat dubious. I would not buy from across the pond these days unless absolutely necessary. I bought a 6 series nVidia GPU some years back, got caned on import tax.

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was going on the 600 quids worth of product for a minimal outlay. I find these things somewhat dubious. I would not buy from across the pond these days unless absolutely necessary. I bought a 6 series nVidia GPU some years back, got caned on import tax.

You will have to forgive me: I know jack squat when it comes to converting money. The cost over here in the US comes to around $10 per DVD, which isn't bad IMO. That's like buying a one year membership to Planet Fitness all at once...and then never having to pay again. That is what I like about them. Plus I am a homebody: once I get out of work, I just want to head straight home. So for me, these kind of workouts are a better option than the gym. For someone else they might not be. As the old saying goes, "To each their own."

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will have to forgive me: I know jack squat when it comes to converting money. The cost over here in the US comes to around $10 per DVD, which isn't bad IMO. That's like buying a one year membership to Planet Fitness all at once...and then never having to pay again. That is what I like about them. Plus I am a homebody: once I get out of work, I just want to head straight home. So for me, these kind of workouts are a better option than the gym. For someone else they might not be. As the old saying goes, "To each their own."

Probably my overall cynicism there, I am a Brit. With a lot of products bought overseas, we have to be acutely aware of what import tax is levied on the given product. I think certain products have higher or lower depending on if it is electronic or not. Like you, I also prefer a home workout. I am a bit of a gymphobic. I find them very robotic in a way.

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Probably my overall cynicism there, I am a Brit. With a lot of products bought overseas, we have to be acutely aware of what import tax is levied on the given product. I think certain products have higher or lower depending on if it is electronic or not. Like you, I also prefer a home workout. I am a bit of a gymphobic. I find them very robotic in a way.

Whenever I go to a gym, I wind up spending more time talking to others or waiting for a machine...or both. Also, not for nothing (and you might not believe this), but I don't think Beachbody currently ships to the UK. I get confused because I know only those who live in the US and Canada can sign up as coaches, but I can't ever remember if that means those are the only two countries they ship to.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whenever I go to a gym, I wind up spending more time talking to others or waiting for a machine...or both. Also, not for nothing (and you might not believe this), but I don't think Beachbody currently ships to the UK. I get confused because I know only those who live in the US and Canada can sign up as coaches, but I can't ever remember if that means those are the only two countries they ship to.

I tend to look at the women in Lycra too much. On the latter, that would make sense. Got plenty of Insanity over here though.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Whoa. That's a card. Are you a miner by any chance?

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Carol,

I tried to tell you this privately, but it said your inbox is full. I emailed you the book.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Data mining? When I was active, this is what I was doing. Still do on the odd occasions for friends.

Actually I was thinking Bitcoin mining. Cryptocurrency ;)

Latest Discussions