Why answer posts about topics you have no interest in?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Than perhaps you should ignore them.

Because sometimes, when a person posting idiotic drivel is made aware that what they're posting is a steaming pile of bovine fecal material, they start to actually think before they post.

Not always. Some don't ever get it. But some do.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Because sometimes, when a person posting idiotic drivel is made aware that what they're posting is a steaming pile of bovine fecal material, they start to actually think before they post.

People are generally obstinate. So as you put it, some might never get it. I wouldn't bother wasting time with them and their posts.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Sounds contrary to the concept of friendly discussion. Otherwise I would have used idiotic and steaming pile far nor often

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
the concept of friendly discussion.
The online discussion is an art. It's better to give someone the credit that he deserves and not to take away the credit that he doesn't deserve it. To put down others won't bring any happiness to yourself.

If A and B don't agree with each other, and if you agree with A but you don't agree with B. it's better to quote A's post and say that you agree with him, instead of to quote B's post and say that you disagree with him. This way, you can make 1 friend instead of make 1 enemy.

Some serious subject such as to "use your MA to protect others", you should speak from the bottom of heart and don't be afraid to upset others who believes that MA is only used for "self-defense". In other words, unless it's a serious subjects, we should try not to upset others as much as possible.

Last edited:

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Re: thread title...

I don't post when I am not interested. Just because my specific interests in an issue differ from yours does not mean I am posting on a thread I am not interested in.

PG, I feel that you are sometimes limited in your ability to appreciate other people's position, and this blinds you to the truth of the situation, which causes you to draw false conclusions.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
If A and B don't agree with each other, and if you agree with A but you don't agree with B. it's better to quote A's post and say that you agree with him, instead of to quote B's post and say that you disagree with him. This way, you can make 1 friend instead of make 1 enemy.
There is nothing wrong with saying that you disagree with B but it should be done so in a civil manner and you should give an intelligent explanation as to why you disagree. Sometimes its good for people to disagree but only if they explain why they disagree and do so intelligently instead of just saying they disagree and putting the other person down or making a sarcastic comment. What I say is, if you disagree with me fine but I would prefer if you would politely explain why instead of just leaving a sarcastic comment or put down.

When you disagree with somebody, if you mention good intelligent reasons why you disagree you might even change their viewpoint and their position.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with saying that you disagree with B ...
It's "1/2 cup empty" attitude vs. "1/2 cup full" attitude. It's like when you lost your job, or lost your girlfriend, you can think that

- you just lose something (negative attitude), or
- you just have chance to get something new (positive attitude).

In online discussion, it's like

- you just find someone that you agree with, instead of
- you just find someone that you dis-agree with.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
- you just find someone that you agree with, instead of
- you just find someone that you dis-agree with.
Sometimes its good to find people that you disagree with. They might change your point of view and vice versa. If anything, I would say all too often we grow more from disagreeing with each other than from agreeing with each other.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I don't have much interest in this thread, so I wouldn't post. No, wait....:)

I have a long time interest in Martial Arts, obviously I'm not alone in discussing them ad infinitum. Sometimes, I just like reading what others have to say about everything. Doesn't matter if I agree with them or not. After all, Martial Artists disagreeing isn't exactly like Halley's comet.

Plus, to some extent I think we're just plain nuts.