SideKicks

i find that if you do not hit with the heel you lose much of the rotational power from the hips/ pelvis. then it is a different kick altogether and a very different type of power.

my 2 cents

respectfully,
Marlon

That to me sounds like the difference between a side kick and a back kick unless I'm reading it wong?

DavidCC,
You posted, “yes, that is the linear action that resembles our side kicks. When teaching it to the kids I start them off by stomping straight down...”

Cool! I also start beginners off that way.

You also posted, “I still need to try the kicks from your original videos, see how my heavy bag likes'em.”

I hope you enjoy them.

Jdinca,
You posted, “Those are similar to two of our kicks. The blade kick (knife edge) is a light, fast kick to fragile targets, knee, floating rib, throat. The side thrust with the heel is a power kick designed to deliver maximum impact. “

I agree with Kidswarrior, Thank You (for the clarification).

Regards, MrE2Me2

Jdinca,
You posted, “Try bringing your back arm foward, i.e., have your fist somewhere around your stomach. I think you'll find that minor anatomic change will noticeably improve your ability to correctly execute the kick.”

I did and you are correct.
Thank you for the suggestion.

Regards, MrE2Me2

When I do a side kick I always hit with both anyway. The heel is part of the blade. The skin squishes. I do like to keep my toes out of the way so I stretch them back. The heel will be where most of the force is because of the allignment through bone straight to the hip and other heel. To be honest I don't give it much thought anymore. I aim for the pelvis straight on and my heel hits the hip-bone while my blade hits the abdomen. I stomp a foot with just the heel.

Latest Discussions

Back