San Do, new twist on MMA for the traditional martial artist???

OP
D

dungeonworks

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm saying that there are (among many) persona, societal, and governmental rules, etc that can affect a fight, how it plays out, and how it ends.

If you're planning for the worst case scenario, more power to you. But I'm not tucking my pants into my shoes, scrapping my wrist watch, and looking over my shoulder like some sort of paranoid para-militant wannabe.

But that's really beside the point on this merry-go-round of selective listening.

I really apologize for any ill comment or misunderstanding in this thread.

I hear exactly what you are saying Nolerama and also feel MMA is above adequate for the higer percentage attacks/fights one is likely to encounter.

If the worst case scenario was what I was solely training for, I would find it much more economical to get a CCW permit and pack heat and have a few various blades stashed on my person. I don't feel the typical barfights I have experienced are worthy of maiming or murder, and that is the large amount of the fights I have been in. I don't hang in dark alleys and I stay out of bad areas as much as possible and keep with decent people. I confident of knowing what and when to apply balls out violence if needed and would in an instant, but a road rage, barfight, or drunken attack is not in my eyes worthy of death.

Mess with my wife and kids or other family??? Well, that is another story and worthy of going "guerilla".

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
San Do, new twist on MMA for the traditional martial artist?

I'm a traditional martial artist and all I have to say is :shrug:

3 guys get in a ring and beat the crap out of each other..... yahoo :shrug:

OP
D

dungeonworks

Black Belt
Reaction score
San Do, new twist on MMA for the traditional martial artist?

I'm a traditional martial artist and all I have to say is :shrug:

3 guys get in a ring and beat the crap out of each other..... yahoo :shrug:

The reason I asked that was because I have heard a million times over how Martial Art X only trains for the street and MMA is just for sport. When they go into detail, the most common answer is something along the lines of the fact that MMA is one on one and in the street you are gonna have multiple attackers.....and the San Do guys wear Gi's/Doboks.

I thought the San Do was neat for a second. I would not like to do it or pay that much to see it, but I am a fan of all fighting sports.

....but I guess Felony Fights would be more real, and has no rules. Just do a Google Video search for Felony Fights.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
....but I guess Felony Fights would be more real, and has no rules. Just do a Google Video search for Felony Fights.

Nope, I don't want to watch those either. I have been in fights and I didn't like them so why would I watch them.

I am a TMA guy but I have nothing against MMA, actually I am rather iimpressed by the training

Latest Discussions