I've an idea that I'll like to bounce around we should do o

OP
O

Obsidian Fury

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm just appalled that someone would treat Scotch with such disdain as to throw it down their neck!
Get a really good Scotch, pour it into a crystal glass, put your feet up and breathe.

Martial arts by definition...(the 'martial' bit gives it away) is never going to be pretty. Why should it be, do we have to prettify and soften everything, can't we have something that is perhaps ugly but honest and true to itself?

I drank two macallan 18 years they are really good that is why I had two bottles It was like a four hour process. Now Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess what I'm trying to say with beautifull is not led lights smoke screens and Queens music as the background but they can be more sober while retaining their ferocity and showcasing greater skill.

OP
O

Obsidian Fury

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The only thing I can honestly say about it is that it's pretty near incomprehensible.
Sorry I'm very buzzed What I meant to ask is how would you go about making the martial arts be more pleasing to the eye without compromising their capabilities?

OP
O

Obsidian Fury

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Think about it when a lioness catches a gazelle it looks beautiful in it's own way beauty makes you feel something, so why would a martial art combat lack that natural beauty? I'm serious how can MA be more beautiful is it a stronger emotional content? flashyness? carnage? ponies? what comes to your mind?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry I'm very buzzed What I meant to ask is how would you go about making the martial arts be more pleasing to the eye without compromising their capabilities?

However to many of us it is pleasing to the eye already. It's how we want it, it's why we do it.

People think Macallan is a good whisky, it's not bad but it's bland which is why so many like it and will pay for it.

OP
O

Obsidian Fury

Orange Belt
Reaction score
However to many of us it is pleasing to the eye already. It's how we want it, it's why we do it.

People think Macallan is a good whisky, it's not bad but it's bland which is why so many like it and will pay for it.
Yeah I like Macallan because it's very smooth.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok I'm still buzzed but I think I can make it work.

You just finished drinking two bottles of scotch two hours before this post...unless those bottles are the little shot glass bottles, you are a lot more than just buzzed, regardless how you feel. Like Dirty Dog, the fact that you did this, and the vibe I'm getting from your post (that you seem to think that's a normal thing to do) concerns me, more than anything else you wrote.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Definetly my ambitions exceeded my abilities, no offense taken I regretted posting the article the moment I hit enter.
No worries. I appreciate the passion albeit motivated my alcohol. We should all reflect on what we can do to maintain a higher opinion of MA. No I do not think that is corny. No, I have not been drinking.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think about it when a lioness catches a gazelle it looks beautiful in it's own way beauty makes you feel something, so why would a martial art combat lack that natural beauty? I'm serious how can MA be more beautiful is it a stronger emotional content? flashyness? carnage? ponies? what comes to your mind?

Come back when you're sober and can post in coherent English?

Latest Discussions