riversidetaichi

White Belt
Reaction score
Here are some Push Hands Samples from Riverside Tai Chi

Last edited by a moderator:

GaryR

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Good push hands, better than many for sure. I would only add that during your moving push hands there should be more.....movement. I'll try and vague that up for you--Circle around more, use your footwork to keep balance and prevent yourself from being push/pulled off, what I am seeing is more of a root, stop, re-root, then off. More of a floating root should be used like Bagua circle walking. It seems as though you are being stuffed/jammed up too much because of this.

Receiving the force should flow through the footwork and cause the circle around and more weight changes, instead, it is being ground to a halt, it almost may as well be fixed.

Here is a clip that is about a decade old of myself helping one of my teachers do a video (yes the effects are bad I know). It is Bagua San-shou, but principles are the same. Notice more footwork, although space was limited, there is sometimes more.

Keep working though, good stuff. Hope to see more posts, nice to have some fellow Neijia people here! :bangahead:

G

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
R

riversidetaichi

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the critique. I like the video that you posted. Good stuff.