One punch and knock your opponent out

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL, I've learned to be patient with you because, well, you're just different.

But there are machines for this. County fairs typically have them, and many sports bars have them. If you go to Dave & Buster's, or places similar to that (I don't know what you have in the UK), you'll definitely find them there.

Anyhow, the machine has a padded scale that you punch, and it measures the force.
well clearly it doesnt, as its giving you the answer in non existent units of force,

I'm not sure fair ground amusment equipment counts as a measure of anything apart from ego and gullibility

Urban Trekker

Brown Belt
Reaction score
well clearly it doesnt, as its giving you the answer in non existent units of force,

I'm not sure fair ground amusment equipment counts as a measure of anything apart from ego and gullibility
Looks like your own ego is the one that's on the line. Handle it however you want to, but I won't be involved.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Looks like your own ego is the one that's on the line. Handle it however you want to, but I won't be involved.
your sounding off saying to can punch considerably harder that a top level mma fighter, has it not occurred to you that sounds a bit unlikely to be true and perhaps they are taking money off you under false pretences to flatter your ego

such machines do indeed exist, but not I suspect at the country fair and they dont measure in lbs, coz that not the unit of force

RagingBull

Green Belt
Reaction score
your sounding off saying to can punch considerably harder that a top level mma fighter, has it not occurred to you that sounds a bit unlikely to be true and perhaps they are taking money off you under false pretences to flatter your ego

such machines do indeed exist, but not I suspect at the country fair and they dont measure in lbs, coz that not the unit of force
how about you show us in a video all your theories about muscle building & all the other stuff you rant on about.

Urban Trekker

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Correction: it's pounds per square inch, not pounds. Either way, you knew what I meant and were more worried about being right. But that's typical jobo.

RagingBull

Green Belt
Reaction score
But that's typical jobo.
YUP.... he´s got the correct profile picture though. :)
Reminds me of an old guy where i grew up. was an ex Professor of Physics i mean he used to rant on about anything. went crazy so he lived alone but was a professor at a University as a young man.
Used to go to his house as a kid with our "gang" & ask him hey Davey (we called him Davey Crocket) what is the Relativity theory? he would rant on..
I know this was bad from us kids. Apparantly in his house the walls were full of Equations (whatever they called them.)
This is jobby Jobo... the nutty old dude

RagingBull

Green Belt
Reaction score
anyway i am just Grilling ..put some big fat *** stakes on.
beer is going down nicely so i will not attack poor Jobo or i will get banned :)

Urban Trekker

Brown Belt
Reaction score
have you read it, ? its saying mma fighter punch at 2000psi and not your quoted 700

so clearly something is wrong

and psi is not the unit of force

It's saying some, it's not saying that's the average. I'll also say that you're more likely to find that among the heavy weights that are trained in boxing.

Now, uhh... what was that unit of measurement that you were trying to say it was again?

RagingBull

Green Belt
Reaction score
....unlike Mike tyson look how he moved got in close. power, raw power & used it to his advantage.

D

Deleted member 39746

TLDR for the othe replies, but until what makes and does not make a "iron chin" is identified, and quantifiable, its up in the air. Then it needs to be observable to assess how good of a chance you have for knocking somone out in one blow.

Its a pretty intresting thing i have observed. Seen the whole "oh it doesnt work 100%" for XYZ argument, but people seem to overlook, punching doesnt tend to have a 100% effect rate. You tend to have to hit somone several times to achive the desired effect. (not really relivent, more in line with my annoyance in this line recently)

But anyway, you can see people drop like flies, from one hit punching, and see people resist getting their cleanly hit several times. Unclear if the latter gets a concusion or not though. (concussions dont always result in unconciousness, pretty sure i have had a few where i have just felt dizzy/uneasy) id probbly just put it at, if they are prepared and have their body prepared less likely, if not more likely and age would factor in.

Addendum: unless i am mistaken, a iron chin can be broken and degraded through use and time?

RagingBull

Green Belt
Reaction score
a iron chin can be broken and degraded through use and time?
people used to talk about a Boxer losing his legs. I do think there is some truth here. Squat, Leg press is a staple in every boxers routine.

Graywalker

Brown Belt
Reaction score
they are pretty much real fights. fist fights or do you consider it too soft because there is no pokes to the eyeballs? most of them are fat pikey Gypsies but still got to give them some respect.
No, it's not a real fight, because there is no real danger.

Latest Discussions