One punch and knock your opponent out

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am saying unless you are a conditioned guy who can take a good slap or two you will go down fast. most thugs on drugs or with a good chin can take it and a lot before they go down. you might be lucky but that happens in how many fights? how many real fights have you had? just so i know you understand me.
Ok, that is still beside the point. My position is: I can hit hard enough that I believe I could knock someone out, or even kill them with one shot. I believe boxing as a sport is a different entity, so comparing what happens typically in a boxing ring is not a meaningful comparison to what can happen outside of that environment. I never said any of it is guaranteed, butI do believe it is possible. One’s mileage may vary.

Do you agree that it is possible? It’s a yes or no question.

RagingBull

Green Belt
Reaction score
Ok, that is still beside the point. My position is: I can hit hard enough that I believe I could knock someone out, or even kill them with one shot. I believe boxing as a sport is a different entity, so comparing what happens typically in a boxing ring is not a meaningful comparison to what can happen outside of that environment. I never said any of it is guaranteed, butI do believe it is possible. One’s mileage may vary.

Do you agree that it is possible? It’s a yes or no question.
OK i am a straight talker .. i think you have a very high opinion of yourself.
I also believe it will be your downfall.
End of conversation.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think you are a dreamer who believes in all the dojo crap.
I do not think you have ever been in a real life threatening situation.
keep on believing your one punch kill philosophy.
Really, this is not a trick question. On a hypothetical level, do you believe it is possible? Nevermind that a particular individual’s ability to do it in the context of a specific altercation may vary widely. Let’s just keep it on the hypothetical level for the moment. Do you have a position?

I really feel it isn’t terribly difficult to learn to punch quite hard. It takes some dedicated work, but it is within reach. Once you develop that skill, there are simple targets against which it could yield a straight knockout. Even a kill.

developing the additional skills to be able to consistently land such a blow in the chaos and stress of a real fight is certainly another discussion. But that doesn’t undermine the potential that such a punch has, and it is not dependent upon whether it is seen within boxing matches. You certainly do not need to be a “better” puncher than Muhammad Ali in order to have that ability.

Any comment on that? Something constructive to the discussion that isn’t just telling me I’ve drunk some Kool-Aide?

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
do you believe it is possible?
One of my Karate friends used to ride in the back of a police car. When the police needed him, he would come out and tried his one punch knock out skill. He told me most of the time, he could drop his opponent with one punch.

This is the issue for the striking art. You don't get this kind of chance all the time (I was invited as police helper but I didn't do it). Even today, I still don't know his action (help police to beat up bad guys) was legal or not.

Last edited:

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
One of my Karate friends used to ride in the back of a police car. When the police needed him, he would come out and tried his one punch knock out skill. He told me most of the time, he could drop his opponent with one punch.

This is the issue for the striking art. You don't get this kind of chance all the time (I was invited as police helper but I didn't do it). Even today, I still don't know his action (help police to beat up bad guys) was legal or not.
I cannot imagine it was legal, was likely criminal, but we can see from recent events that the police have been getting away with a lot of nefarious practices for a long long time.

If what your friend tells you is true, well there is an example. And yes, this is definitely the kind of skill that most people rarely, if ever, have a chance to really test. So what do we do? We practice our technique, we work it on a heavy bag or makiwara or similar to develop that power, we work on interactive drills for application, and the final gap we just need to bridge when the time comes.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
no it´s not but you are assuming you can kill with one punch or KO someone with your martial art skills. can you give us examples of your skills?
I believe I can, yes. I don’t have anything I can show you here in an Internet forum. But I am confident that I can do it. And as I have said several times here, it is not guaranteed, it depends on other factors, but the fundamental ability is there. No question about it.

So even on a hypothetical level, you can’t see the possibility?

Graywalker

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Yes, it is possible to knockout or kill a person with one knockout..it has happened and will continue to happen.

But yes, you should train for grappling or at the very least escaping the ground.

RagingBull

Green Belt
Reaction score
In what way? Have I ever knocked someone out with one punch? No, I haven’t.

So what?
it´s ok ..just don´t fantasies about things you have never done. This is my point. you have no real experiences of a raw fight.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
it´s ok ..just don´t fantasies about things you have never done. This is my point. you have no real experiences of a raw fight.
You are unable to see the potential in things that you have not yet done? Ive never shot someone in the head with a .308 rifle either. I am confident that there is a high likelihood they would die if I did. That is not to equate my punch to a .308 rifle, of course. But it is definitely not difficult to see the possibilities. Really, it isn’t.

If you cannot see the possibility, then I suppose you don’t have much confidence in your own punching ability. That is unfortunate.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You are unable to see the potential in things that you have not yet done? Ive never shot someone in the head with a .308 rifle either.
Nope everything has to be on video or it's not possible. That's where we are these days.

Latest Discussions