One inch punch

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Also why the need for such a goofy Rube Goldberg like demonstration.

You can already test the impact of this kind of strike on standard equipment. Is this guy going to break records, or is it bottles and walnuts all the way down.

That poor nut...I'll bet you they didn't even eat it after.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I assume you noticed the cut at 22 seconds? Cardinal sign of a fake.
I don't know if it's fake or not, but I don't see the cut. Here's another version on YouTube.

Probably. What about it is so mystical? Smashing a weak little nut on a glass surface?
I don't know what you mean by mystical. I said it's impressive, if not fake. What seems difficult to me is that the glass surface is hanging from a string. If it's not fake, it's a really cook trick.

The bottle is heavy, so balancing a walnut on it is pretty easy.
So, then you've done it? Can you post a video of yourself doing it? I'd be very impressed.
I just tried it on the side of a chair. Those types of walnuts are pretty fragile.
A chair is heavy and connected to the ground. The bottle is hanging from a string. I can probably break a nut against a chair, too.

What kind of walnut is that? I'll see if I can find the right kind of walnut and try this myself.
He's just putting a little weight on the nut to hold the bottle steady. But If the nut wasn't there it would be just as easy to balance the bottle.
I'd love to see you do this, if you wouldn't mind. It's super easy, after all.

Anybody can try it, and do it easily, if they really need to be convinced.

@Dirty Dog , there you go. According to @Oily Dragon , it's not fake... and it's also super easy.

The fighting application is kind of obvious, terror.

LOL. I'm not sure about that. But it's a cool trick.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't know if it's fake or not, but I don't see the cut. Here's another version on YouTube.

That's not the same take as the OP video.
I don't know what you mean by mystical. I said it's impressive, if not fake. What seems difficult to me is that the glass surface is hanging from a string. If it's not fake, it's a really cook trick.
Cool trick sure. But not that hard.
So, then you've done it? Can you post a video of yourself doing it? I'd be very impressed.
Why do I need to repost a trick video to refute it or call it easy.

This is how people end up eating Tide Pods.
A chair is heavy and connected to the ground.
Actually chairs are not usually connected to the ground unless they are bolted down.

The chair I used is light and not bolted down, it's easy to tip, so I raised one side with an egg very slowly.

The egg survived but I could easily have one inch smashed it.

How about a well boiled potato?
What kind of walnut is that? I'll see if I can find the right kind of walnut and try this myself.
Standard store bought walnut. Technically a fruit.

They are squishy hence the explosion.
I'd love to see you do this, if you wouldn't mind. It's super easy, after all.
Ugh, why though. Again Tide Pods.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
That's not the same take as the OP video.

Cool trick sure. But not that hard.

Why do I need to repost a trick video to refute it or call it easy.
Is it easy?
This is how people end up eating Tide Pods.
Or is it dangerous?

You're giving me mixed signals now. Are you saying that if you do this thing you say is easy, it's analogous to eating literal poison?

Actually chairs are not usually connected to the ground unless they are bolted down.

The chair I used is light and not bolted down, it's easy to tip, so I raised one side with an egg very slowly.
It would be very easy for you to learn for yourself. All you need is some string, a bottle, and a walnut. And I bet you have a camera on your phone you could use to record it.

The egg survived but I could easily have one inch smashed it.

How about a well boiled potato?

Standard store bought walnut. Technically a fruit.

They are squishy hence the explosion.

Ugh, why though. Again Tide Pods.
Got it. I've heard enough. :D

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Is it easy?

Or is it dangerous?

You're giving me mixed signals now. Are you saying that if you do this thing you say is easy, it's analogous to eating literal poison?
Depends on the Challenge.

The way these challenges work, you have to repost yourself doing the challenge.

Usually something that is not really that hard, like dumping ice on yourself or smashing a soft, helpless walnut fruit against a surface. But people feel compelled to post for some reason.

I am not that guy, but I just recreated the entire thing using a wind chime and the same egg.

Super easy. No big deal.

The video can be yours for a humble Venmo of $5.95. I have bills to pay.
Got it. I've heard enough. :D
Burden of proof is still on you, dude. The one making the claim that this is hard or takes skill to do.

This is not "One Inch Punch" (Cheun Kiu) technique, either way. You said it yourself this has no martial arts applications, it's a gag.

Just do it on a 100lb bag if you want to impress someone. Not an innocent stone fruit.

Last edited:

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'd like to try it. Now I don't have soft walnuts, but I could use the pecans that fall on my back porch, but I'm scared to try if this is going to end up with me eating tide pods.

Are fist-cracked nuts the gateway drug to tide packet ingestion?!? :oops:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Depends on the Challenge.

The way these challenges work, you have to repost yourself doing the challenge.

Usually something that is not really that hard, like dumping ice on yourself or smashing a soft, helpless walnut fruit against a surface. But people feel compelled to post for some reason.

I am not that guy, but I just recreated the entire thing using a wind chime and the same egg.

Super easy. No big deal.

The video can be yours for a humble Venmo of $5.95. I have bills to pay.

Burden of proof is still on you, dude. The one making the claim that this is hard or takes skill to do.

This is not "One Inch Punch" (Cheun Kiu) technique, either way. You said it yourself this has no martial arts applications, it's a gag.

Just do it on a 100lb bag if you want to impress someone. Not an innocent stone fruit.
Burden of proof. You’re cracking me up here. All I’ve suggested is, if it’s not fake, it’s impressive.
I'd like to try it. Now I don't have soft walnuts, but I could use the pecans that fall on my back porch, but I'm scared to try if this is going to end up with me eating tide pods.

Are fist-cracked nuts the gateway drug to tide packet ingestion?!? :oops:
i don’t think so. If you can even do the first part, I’d be impressed. :)

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Burden of proof. You’re cracking me up here. All I’ve suggested is, if it’s not fake, it’s impressive.

i don’t think so. If you can even do the first part, I’d be impressed. :)
When I was very young, I used to do a lot of these kind of tricks just for the hell of it. I took photos and had an article published in the old Inside Kung Fu magazine called "Martial Arts Magicians" showing off a few of these silly stunts ...ya know, stuff like lying on a bed of nails while a buddy broke stacks of pavers on my chest, and bending lengths of rebar pointed against my throat.

Looking back, I guess I had more guts than brains to think that a junior martial arts instructor with average ability could figure out how to do this stuff ...but hey, I was right! If you figure out the trick, like Oily says, it's not that hard to do. ;)

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
I just crushed a walnut in my bare hand.

Didn't even need the bottle.

The video is now classified.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
English walnut or Black walnut? Huge difference.
fNGlMg.gif

Latest Discussions