Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard to find these days... but they're there... it's their integrity that keeps them modest and hidden not grabbing the spotlight and saying "Lookit me!!"
Mostly they're everyday joes and not big time politicians or movie stars or sports figures.
Yes, they are the silent majority that some times go unnoticed. Too bad about the others with high profile positions that make the real man look bad.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Then again, define 'real man'
Commitment, true to your word, faithful, thinks from the heart, as well as the head, compassionate, integrity. I guess that would define a real women also.
icon7.gif
The opposite, a jerk, a jacka$$. You know, someone like Arnold.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Commitment, true to your word, faithful, thinks from the heart, as well as the head, compassionate, integrity. I guess that would define a real women also.
icon7.gif
The opposite, a jerk, a jacka$$. You know, someone like Arnold.

LOL, I have not followed his story much.

I can't really comment on whether he is a jackass...

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
LOL, I have not followed his story much.

I can't really comment on whether he is a jackass...
I think everyone knew what he was like. They backed him anyway. Isn't this a case of Republicans looking the other way for that sure fire win?... Anybody?... Anybody?
Sean

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'd say no, not really. The accusations about arnold came out just before the election. There may have been rumors about him but not in the general public. As a conservative voter, I expected a last minute attack on the guy, he denied it, and got the benefit of the doubt simply because there was no solid evidence and it was at the last minute, again, to influence the vote. Personally, I thought he might actually have been gay, but I guess I was wrong. I will tell you, if people had known for sure what he was doing, he would not have gotten the conservative vote. You cannot say that for the democrats. Think of all the low lifes that continue to get elected on the democrat side. I would be more embarassed by that. With the conservatives they at least try to get people of character into office. They are often disapointed when the truth finally comes out, but at least they try. People knew that Clinton was a serial sexual predator and they voted for him and they still hold him in high regard. Ted Kennedy, the same and the list goes on and on.

It always seems strange to me. The liberals always attack the republicans who have scandals as hypocrits. That's fair. However, the republicans say, I will try to be a good person and live up to a standard, many times they fail. The liberals say, it's silly to even try to live up to any standard so why even bother. Which would you rather support? For the liberal gals out there, who would you rather marry?

JohnEdward

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Psychologists are saying that you don't get where Arnold is by following the rules. You follow the rules and you're doomed to a mediocre life. Those who reach the top in greatness in politics, business, and other such fields are tied to backstabbing, cheating, lying and alike. Men who also can have a powerful charisma, a show of power and confidence. But rule breakers, put themselves at risk for catastrophic consequences, they don't seem to be aware of or fear.

If we argue that a real man follows a moral code, follows the rules, and a those who break rules are not real men. Than real men are nice guys of mediocrity, who follow rules and play it safe. Men who fear or experience anxiety if they break the slightest rule. If they tell a white lie, there anxiety level soars. Much like a Clark Kent.

Now, Maria was attracted to Arnold. She was taken to his power, confidence and charisma, all the while overlooking what type of personality, a rule breaker. After years of marriage she, as an intelligent women, and the family and background she was from, she had seen clearly who he was and how he got his power. Because Arnold's secret was exposed, Maria had no choice to act, she is a public political figure and her position and power are now compromised by scandal. She is exposed and needs to separate herself from the scandal. She married Arnold as he was, knowing the rewards and consequences of a rule breaker, she is a Kennedy, and knows full well the ways of those who reach great power and great wealth in the upper levels of politics and society.

Arnold a real man, yes. If you define a real man by the cut of his jib. He is true to form. And it is these men we hold in high regard, until they are publicly caught and suffer the consequences. If they avoid the consequences they then held even higher in our eyes. But if they can't, then they are scoundrels.

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Psychologists are saying that you don't get where Arnold is by following the rules. You follow the rules and you're doomed to a mediocre life. Those who reach the top in greatness in politics, business, and other such fields are tied to backstabbing, cheating, lying and alike. Men who also can have a powerful charisma, a show of power and confidence. But rule breakers, put themselves at risk for catastrophic consequences, they don't seem to be aware of or fear.

If we argue that a real man follows a moral code, follows the rules, and a those who break rules are not real men. Than real men are nice guys of mediocrity, who follow rules and play it safe. Men who fear or experience anxiety if they break the slightest rule. If they tell a white lie, there anxiety level soars. Much like a Clark Kent.

Now, Maria was attracted to Arnold. She was taken to his power, confidence and charisma, all the while overlooking what type of personality, a rule breaker. After years of marriage she, as an intelligent women, and the family and background she was from, she had seen clearly who he was and how he got his power. Because Arnold's secret was exposed, Maria had no choice to act, she is a public political figure and her position and power are now compromised by scandal. She is exposed and needs to separate herself from the scandal. She married Arnold as he was, knowing the rewards and consequences of a rule breaker, she is a Kennedy, and knows full well the ways of those who reach great power and great wealth in the upper levels of politics and society.

Arnold a real man, yes. If you define a real man by the cut of his jib. He is true to form. And it is these men we hold in high regard, until they are publicly caught and suffer the consequences. If they avoid the consequences they then held even higher in our eyes. But if they can't, then they are scoundrels.

The author of this book (The Psychopath Test) was on The Daily Show the other night, describing how many CEO's and politicians fulfill all of the qualifications of a psychopath... I suspect that many of the top entertainers fall into this category as well; everything in their world revolves around the and anyone damaged or destroyed in the process is incidental.

JohnEdward

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I happened to be listening to NPR, they had touched on this subject by commentary and a few callers. It is funny how Arnold was portrayed as a jerk, and Maria a naive victim- it was NPR.

We the people demand morals and ethics out of our leaders after they get to the top. We don't look at how they got to be a leader, and what rules they broke along the way, we don't look at their personalities. Of course, we care if they are to an obvious extreme such as killing someone, or it deals with sex: promiscuously, infidelity. It is as if we say, do what ever you need to get there, to a point, but when you're there you must act as a Saint. You can't expect realistically expect that behavior to change. Politics is about braking rules, and that goes way back to our early political history. Business success is about breaking rules too goes way back, with a ton analogies that point to that. Acting is a profession that is the same way. Arnold was involved with all three and was successful in all three. And honestly, he was pretty mild in comparison to many of his peers, or others.

The thing is, as I mentioned before we love a good scoundrel leader, they are brave, fearless, confident in their edifices. We love them as long as they don't get caught. Ironically the number one rule for a rule breaker is not to get caught. If they are caught that is what we punish them for, getting caught.

A real man is doing what Arnold is doing now in the face of being caught, and also what he has done responsibly in financially being supportive of his kid and mistress. I am sure he has upset his other kids, and Maria (Maria is no victim as I see it), and I don't know how he is handling that, hopeful not like Mel Gibson, or others. Btw, many low profile common marriages have a higher percentage of working things out for a couple their age, then any high profile marriage more often than not never work it out.

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
I will tell you, if people had known for sure what he was doing, he would not have gotten the conservative vote. You cannot say that for the democrats. Think of all the low lifes that continue to get elected on the democrat side. I would be more embarassed by that. With the conservatives they at least try to get people of character into office.

Like Newt Gingrich you mean?
Yeah I agree. He's a shining example of morally upstanding conservative behavior.

They are often disapointed when the truth finally comes out, but at least they try. People knew that Clinton was a serial sexual predator and they voted for him and they still hold him in high regard. Ted Kennedy, the same and the list goes on and on.

Getting a blowjob makes you a sexual predator?

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
No, actually, but with all his charm, which many say he has, and all his relationships outside of his marriage with willing partners, there are more than a few that say he used his position and power to force himself on women. Paula Jones, an arkansas state employee, Kathleen willey, a family friend who was in trouble, Jaunita Broderick owned a business regulated by then attorney general Bill clinton, the former Miss Arkansas and actress, and there are probably a lot more too afraid to come forward. People who choose to step out like clinton are their own problem and their family's problem. Clinton using his power to attack women who were subordinate to him is the real problem. Do you realize it was against federal law for him to have that relationship with Monica Lewinski? the guy has a pattern and practice of predation against women he held power over. That is the problem with clinton.

Latest Discussions