Is Superman American again?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
All and all me thinkst you are taking this much more seriously than I :uhyeah:
In the interest of clarity, I don't have any problems with lighthearted discussions about Superman being Kryptonian American. I have real problems when people start discussing his defection from the USA as though he were real, and politicizing the issue. There's a line in the middle, between these two things.

Discussing at length the capabilities of the various Enterprise vessels with one's buddies in the United Federation of Planets fan club is one thing. Asserting that this fan club will ascend to become the governing body of the future is over the line.

Buying a fake sword because you're really into playing D&D is fine. Naming the sword and talking to it as though "she" were alive is over the line.

Debating whether Superman is American or Kryptonian is fine, IMO. Alleging, as some were attempting to in the previous thread, that Superman is a progressive liberal, is over the line.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Personally, I think Superman's a bit of a shmuck. All pretty boy, whoo hoo look at me, I can fly, I got laser eyes and a cool hair do, and oh yeah, bulletproof baby. Batman, the Bat's just cooler. First, he's human. No super powers, just bad *** martial arts master uber ninja with cool toys. Second, he has a natural +5 on his hide in shadows rolls. No lime light stealer here. Finally, he's rich and his alter ego is billionaire playboy. Hot babes all the time! Supes is a nerdy reporter. I mean, barf barf.

Let pretty boy go. We still got The Bats!

Oh yeah, and Wonder Woman and her magic lasso. Oooh Tie me up and make me tell the truth! I'm a bad admin. I'm a bad admin.

ROFLMAO!
:D

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Personally, I think Superman's a bit of a shmuck. All pretty boy, whoo hoo look at me, I can fly, I got laser eyes and a cool hair do, and oh yeah, bulletproof baby. Batman, the Bat's just cooler. First, he's human. No super powers, just bad *** martial arts master uber ninja with cool toys. Second, he has a natural +5 on his hide in shadows rolls. No lime light stealer here. Finally, he's rich and his alter ego is billionaire playboy. Hot babes all the time! Supes is a nerdy reporter. I mean, barf barf.

Let pretty boy go. We still got The Bats!

Oh yeah, and Wonder Woman and her magic lasso. Oooh Tie me up and make me tell the truth! I'm a bad admin. I'm a bad admin.

ROFLMAO!
Reminds me of a dirty joke involving Wonder Woman, Superman and the Invisible Man.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
In the interest of clarity, I don't have any problems with lighthearted discussions about Superman being Kryptonian American. I have real problems when people start discussing his defection from the USA as though he were real, and politicizing the issue. There's a line in the middle, between these two things.

Discussing at length the capabilities of the various Enterprise vessels with one's buddies in the United Federation of Planets fan club is one thing. Asserting that this fan club will ascend to become the governing body of the future is over the line.

Buying a fake sword because you're really into playing D&D is fine. Naming the sword and talking to it as though "she" were alive is over the line.

Debating whether Superman is American or Kryptonian is fine, IMO. Alleging, as some were attempting to in the previous thread, that Superman is a progressive liberal, is over the line.

Too little to late you're still BANNED from all Star Trek Conventions... from this point forward you are Persona non grata in all things STAR TREK…. Is captain Kirk democrat or republican...I mean really that is just plain wrong its the Federation for crying out loud :uhyeah:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Too little to late you're still BANNED from all Star Trek Conventions... from this point forward you are Persona non grata in all things STAR TREK…. Is captain Kirk democrat or republican...I mean really that is just plain wrong its the Federation for crying out loud :uhyeah:
I've been to several. Banning me would be a blessing. :D

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well NOT ANYMORE... and that whole Brer Rabbit "don't throw me in the throw me into the briar patch" reverse psychology thing won't work with me... your still BANNED.
Yeah. Well, here's the deal. If you can explain to me why the 300 lbs women all dress as Orion Slave Girls, and the 140 lbs girls with curves are all dressed as Klingon Warriors, I'll take it all back! It's the unspoken rule of star trek conventions: the more skin a woman has to cover, the less fabric she uses to cover it.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anime cons too. I've see some Sailor Moons that were more like planets, not moons.

As to the tiny gals dressing like Klingons....seriously, it's the special Klingon Klevage. The K'hross your K'Heart Bra for Woman Warriors, turns even a B class into a DD Heavy Cruiser.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You really think I went to all those cons for the 'conversation'? :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yeah. Well, here's the deal. If you can explain to me why the 300 lbs women all dress as Orion Slave Girls, and the 140 lbs girls with curves are all dressed as Klingon Warriors, I'll take it all back! It's the unspoken rule of star trek conventions: the more skin a woman has to cover, the less fabric she uses to cover it.

Actually, the truth be known... and I would appriciate keeping this jsut between you and me.... never been to one so I wouldn't know.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Anime cons too. I've see some Sailor Moons that were more like planets, not moons.

As to the tiny gals dressing like Klingons....seriously, it's the special Klingon Klevage. The K'hross your K'Heart Bra for Woman Warriors, turns even a B class into a DD Heavy Cruiser.

:lfao:

(come on, have a heart! you know it's ok, til the fat hairy guy dresses up as Sailor moon or princess whateverlighteweight...)

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:lfao:

(come on, have a heart! you know it's ok, til the fat hairy guy dresses up as Sailor moon or princess whateverlighteweight...)
hairymandressedassailormoon.jpg