Is Superman American again?

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
John Nolte at bighollywood.com has an article about Superman in the "Superman" comic actually speaking about truth, justice and the american way, as if he actually likes the country. It was the Action Comics superman who is the anti-american superman. Those out there who still read the comic, what's the deal and which one is more accurate if either one is? What's the deal?

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/j...loves-america-again-its-official/#more-474996

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
John Nolte at bighollywood.com has an article about Superman in the "Superman" comic actually speaking about truth, justice and the american way, as if he actually likes the country. It was the Action Comics superman who is the anti-american superman. Those out there who still read the comic, what's the deal and which one is more accurate if either one is? What's the deal?

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/j...loves-america-again-its-official/#more-474996

Nolte, Nolte, Nolte
What's the deal?
Which one is more accurate?
Superman Comic?
Action Comics?
Superman
anti-American Superman
truth justice and the American way
likes the country
Nolte, Nolte, Nolte
Wht's the deal?
Bighollywood!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Superman is make believe. Jesus Christ.

Is Harry Potter British? No. He's pretend.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Superman is.....Kryptonian... as to whether or not he is a Kryptonian American....I don't know :D

No, he was born on Krypton. He was raised American. My GGrandparents were not born here. They considered themselves American. It's sort of interesting that hypenization and what that culturally means has been raised on a subject such as this one.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Okay. In all seriousness. I played D&D as a kid and our group, much as most other groups of kids who played D&D, used to talk about what classes or races we'd be if we were magically transported to the realm of Greyhawk. But for Pete's sake, I was in the 7th grade.

You guys are politicizing a comic book character. He's pretend. A work of fiction created by a collection of writers and artists spanning decades. He's not American. He's not Kryptonian.

This is like debating whether Capt. Kirk would be a Republican or a Democrat. Or whether you would have a chance of scoring with Counselor Troy.

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm still pondering the logic of arguing how American a carachter created by a Jewish-Canadian really is.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Okay. In all seriousness. I played D&D as a kid and our group, much as most other groups of kids who played D&D, used to talk about what classes or races we'd be if we were magically transported to the realm of Greyhawk. But for Pete's sake, I was in the 7th grade.

You guys are politicizing a comic book character. He's pretend. A work of fiction created by a collection of writers and artists spanning decades. He's not American. He's not Kryptonian.

This is like debating whether Capt. Kirk would be a Republican or a Democrat. Or whether you would have a chance of scoring with Counselor Troy.
So...you did visit my other site huh?
:D

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score

Jealous cuz of our love!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
okay. In all seriousness. I played d&d as a kid and our group, much as most other groups of kids who played d&d, used to talk about what classes or races we'd be if we were magically transported to the realm of greyhawk. But for pete's sake, i was in the 7th grade.

You guys are politicizing a comic book character. He's pretend. A work of fiction created by a collection of writers and artists spanning decades. He's not american. He's not kryptonian.

This is like debating whether capt. Kirk would be a republican or a democrat. Or whether you would have a chance of scoring with counselor troy.

shunnn the nonbelievers!!!

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score

So what you're saying, then, is that Superman isn't an American, or a Kryptonian..........
..........he's ink :lol:

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Boldly going where no man has gone before. Yeah baby, just like that.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
So what you're saying, then, is that Superman isn't an American, or a Kryptonian..........
..........he's ink :lol:
Exactly. :)

ceci-n-est-pas-une-pipe.jpg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Superman is make believe. Jesus Christ.

Yes, yes he is

Is Harry Potter British? No. He's pretend.

Well you see this one is debatable since the writer and the actor who plays him are but debating it would be silly so stop that.... its silly.

I did not use sarcasm much in 7th grade.... but I use it a lot now ;)

No, no I'm not....see sarcasm... and I still say he is a Kryptonian American.... I cannot help it if you have a cartoon prejudice and do not think he deserves to have the same rights and freedoms as those that are not cartoons.... I mean did you even BOTHER to watch Roger rabbit...sheesh

Well first Captain Kirk is from Iowa but I do not think politically parties exist in the federation so your question is of course rather silly and shows a complete lack or trekiness so you are now ban from all star trek conventions… and of course Kirk would score with counselor Troy….. He’s Kirk… but sadly… like every other woman Kirk has ever been involved with…she would soon after die.

All and all me thinkst you are taking this much more seriously than I :uhyeah:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Everyone scores with Troi. Hell, even the Klingon got lucky.

Latest Discussions