Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.pixiq.com/article/suffolk-county-police-department-deleting-citizen-comments

The Suffolk PD has a facebook page.
Seems people are bombarding them with inquiries into this.

The PD's response?

Delete the comments, block the poster.

It appears that the corrupt department is hoping to sweep this under the rug. I doubt they will get their wish.
It's a new age boys. The Internet helped bring down entire governments because of free flowing info.
Time to come clean and grow up.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I take the "you work for me" comments with a grain of salt. I deal with people all the time who try that ****, as well as name drop. Gotta love when they name drop a Sgt....yeah, a Sgt, who has either retired or has advanced to LT or Capt. Umm..yeah, you know that person real well, dont ya? LMFAO!!!!

As for the rest....this incident probably wont disappear any too soon. They can block and remove all they want. Fact is, there are people who probably wont let it go.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I take the "you work for me" comments with a grain of salt. I deal with people all the time who try that ****, as well as name drop. Gotta love when they name drop a Sgt....yeah, a Sgt, who has either retired or has advanced to LT or Capt. Umm..yeah, you know that person real well, dont ya? LMFAO!!!!

As for the rest....this incident probably wont disappear any too soon. They can block and remove all they want. Fact is, there are people who probably wont let it go.

I got a kick out of the guy who tried to name drop the other day... He told me all about how he knew a guy. Told me to call "Some Guy" down there and he'd straighten everything out. Really, "Some" Guy? Yeah, Some.

Only problem... the person in question is named "Any Guy" not "Some Guy." OOPS!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What if you radio'ed over to Any Guy? Would you have been able to go back to the person in question and say "I called Some Guy. He says he doesn't know you" :lol2:

Oh to have been a fly on the wall...

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So people really do try that sort of thing? I'm astonished. I know a few police officers and, if I ever got into some (hopefully minor and accidental) trouble with the Law, I would never dream of embarrassing them by attempting to capitalise on my aquaintence with them!

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Latest Discussions