British police arrest women for asking for their badge numbers June 23rd, 2009

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think it's more that they are an organised group or even an organisation. They are predominantly far left groups ( thats by yours and our definition of left)
I really like the terms kooks and moonbats...
Europe has a long history of anarchist activists.
Yeah, one shot Franz Ferdinand setting off WWI...

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like the terms kooks and moonbats...
Yeah, one shot Franz Ferdinand setting off WWI...

That's the ones. We've had the Red Army Faction, Bader-Meinhof etc plus a number of nationalistic terror groups like ETA, the IRA, UDA etc to contend with in Europe.
The trouble is those 'kooks' and 'moonbats' can be very dangerous. There's also many naive idealists who are unwitting pawns in the game of terror.

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm glad you are so sure of the facts, I'm not, so am not making any judgements at all. I wasn't there and have no knowledge of the situation so I'm not going to say the police were wrong or right. That's what makes me good at my job, not jumping to conclusions based on what is reported in the media. I'm old fashioned like that.

I'm sure of what I saw and heard in the clip.

I'm also sure there's probably more to it and plenty about the organization the women belong to as well as English Law that I don't know about.

Am I wrong in thinking that English police must provide their badge number when it is requested? Perhaps that's where I got off track?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure of what I saw and heard in the clip.

I'm also sure there's probably more to it and plenty about the organization the women belong to as well as English Law that I don't know about.

Am I wrong in thinking that English police must provide their badge number when it is requested? Perhaps that's where I got off track?

The clip, as has been said before, was edited so we didn't get a proper sense of what was going on.
You are entitled to know the number of a police officer arresting you, doesn't mean to say he will give it to you then and there, it can be later when being booked into the station or being interviewed which will all be taped. The name and number of the police officers will be on all paperwork, presumably this is where they got the names and numbers of the officers to put on their website. For operational reasons these officers may have been instructed not to give out their numbers if threats were made to their safety or for other operational reasons.
The women were arrested on suspicion of obstructing a police officer in the lawful execution of his/her duty, not for asking a police officer his number. They weren't charged so no charges 'could be dropped'.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Much like when some knucklehead here demands "I want your name and badge number!!" as Im arresting them for some offense.

I tell them "it will be all over your arrest paperwork...."

Latest Discussions