RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Or...you can use the space to advertise
icon7.gif

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you don't like the belt rank, you can add a user title like I did on a day where we seemed to be talking about kittens a whole lot. ;)

lol :angel: i remember hehe

carol said:
That will remove the belt rank and display your title instead.

That's a good idea. =]

btw its not that i dont like the belt ranks. I just thought - just 500 posts = Big Black Belt? i'm a n00b.

Edit: Zomg. I'm not even sure how to do it.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
UserCP - Edit Profile I think.

We set these up way back when we thought hitting 500 would take a long time. The folks in the Last Person thread used to do that in a day or 3. lol!

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
UserCP - Edit Profile I think.

I looked just now and earlier but I just dont see anything like that in my profile or under user cp edit details or anything Either its not there, which doesnt make sense cause carol edited hers the day we talked about seeing kittens :p Or else I am blind.

bob said:
We set these up way back when we thought hitting 500 would take a long time. The folks in the Last Person thread used to do that in a day or 3. lol!

Lmao!

guess you know now...500 is nothin these days. :angel:

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile

Should take you right to it. You're looking for the "Custom User Title" option. It's not available for all usergroups though. Might be limited to supporting members. Lots of cool things are. They still won't ship my pony.

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh NOW things are starting to make sense lol!

I'm not a member of any user groups. and that must be why I dont have the option.

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh NOW things are starting to make sense lol!

I'm not a member of any user groups. and that must be why I dont have the option.
Been a long time since I was under the hood, but most members are/were in the "registered" group. Staff have/had their own groups, there was/is one for verified women, and there are the paid levels (supporting member, gold key are the 2 I know of). There's probably more including the infamous 'banned' group. Bobbo there can fill in the details better, I'm running late on some high level drinking and drooling right now, plus he has the keys to the joint. Probably hiding my pony back there too. grumble.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Pretty much right. Except for the pony. We ate that back in 05.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile

Should take you right to it. You're looking for the "Custom User Title" option. It's not available for all usergroups though. Might be limited to supporting members. Lots of cool things are. They still won't ship my pony.
No -- the pony refuses to be shipped, and the feds advise that shipping it would probably violate multiple laws due to what you intend to do to it.

But... HERE you go. One pony. Just for you.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No -- the pony refuses to be shipped, and the feds advise that shipping it would probably violate multiple laws due to what you intend to do to it.

Why are scenes from Clerks II going through my head now? :)

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Pretty much right. Except for the pony. We ate that back in 05.

I thought we beat that Pony to Death. Or was that the horse?

Yep, He was beating to death, look he has wings now. :D

shane

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I don't believe you'd desire to do this, but it did arrive to my brain, so I'll propose it anyway. If rather than of making new names at every 500 mails you do them at 1000 mails, you could do,...

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
master black belt at just a little over 1300 posts. joke

and maybe you guys should send legion a new pony to replace the one y'all ate on him :p

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Maybe, but it'll take you about 8 years to reach MT SR Grandmaster level at your current 3.53 posts per day average. So....post faster grasshopper. LOL

We originally set it up as a fun way to keep score, and give newer members some 'cool' awards for activity. The longer you're here though, the less 'wow' they become, which is why we capped Sr. GM at 10k posts, and set up a couple of extra 'clubs' to recognize people with no lives (like me) :)

Some stats:
0-499 posts : 16,081 members
(500 is MT Black Belt)
# members at other levels
Martial Talk Black Belt : 82
Martial Talk 2nd Black Belt: 39
Martial Talk 3rd Black Belt: 21
Martial Talk Master Black Belt: 65
Martial Talk Master of Arts: 27
Martial Talk Senior Master: 75
Martial Talk Grandmaster 1st degree: 17
Martial Talk Grandmaster 2nd degree: 10
Martial Talk Sr. Grandmaster: 20

Current posts required to hit each level
Martial Talk Black Belt 500
Martial Talk 2nd Black Belt 700
Martial Talk 3rd Black Belt 900
Martial Talk Master Black Belt 1000
Martial Talk Master of Arts 1500
Martial Talk Senior Master 2000
Martial Talk Grandmaster 1 5000
Martial Talk Grandmaster 2 7000
Martial Talk Sr. Grandmaster 10000

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
Maybe, but it'll take you about 8 years to reach MT SR Grandmaster level at your current 3.53 posts per day average. So....post faster grasshopper. LOL

well thats because I dont talk too much, i dont. :)

Non stop talkers can be absolutely adorable. I love them, they're cute and there wouldnt be much of a discussion forum if nobody talked and blew people away with their adorable post counts - but I'm not one. :) I listen and read and drink in, and don't post really a whole lot. :) Even on the other forums I'm on I'm far from being close to a top poster lol.

btw grasshopper hehe - reminds me of my sensei. I have the balance problem and when i have trouble standing on one leg for a long time he says 'Balance, grasshopper' He knows there's a problem but he's being affectionate. love him. :)

P.S. I'll try to post more and be more cute if I can. :p

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
well thats because I dont talk too much, i dont. :)

Non stop talkers can be absolutely adorable. I love them, they're cute and there wouldnt be much of a discussion forum if nobody talked and blew people away with their adorable post counts - but I'm not one. :) I listen and read and drink in, and don't post really a whole lot. :) Even on the other forums I'm on I'm far from being close to a top poster lol.

btw grasshopper hehe - reminds me of my sensei. I have the balance problem and when i have trouble standing on one leg for a long time he says 'Balance, grasshopper' He knows there's a problem but he's being affectionate. love him. :)

P.S. I'll try to post more and be more cute if I can. :p
Funny. I'm a talker in real life, but I'll be lucky to hit 2k at the rate I'm going. :)

EDIT: LOL. I posted this and then looked at my post count. Looks like I'm chattier than I thought! :D

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Funny. I'm a talker in real life, but I'll be lucky to hit 2k at the rate I'm going. :)

EDIT: LOL. I posted this and then looked at my post count. Looks like I'm chattier than I thought! :D

Am I the only one who feels guilty for running up my post count? Everytime I get to higher "rank" I cringe to think that all that time posting could have been invested in training instead. The guilty feeling is especially strong this morning after a lackluster performance working on chi-sau last night.

On a more positive note, this year I've not only made "Senior Master" on MT, but can now officially order from the "Senior Menu" at Denny's.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Am I the only one who feels guilty for running up my post count? Everytime I get to higher "rank" I cringe to think that all that time posting could have been invested in training instead. The guilty feeling is especially strong this morning after a lackluster performance working on chi-sau last night.

On a more positive note, this year I've not only made "Senior Master" on MT, but can now officially order from the "Senior Menu" at Denny's.

Nope, your not the only one.

I have had those thought before and of late they are very much on my mind

Latest Discussions