Most annoying move?

Uncle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
What is the move you have the most trouble executing out of everything in your repertoire? Be it strike, lock, throw, transition, etc?

Mine would have to be using po pai as a push. I find it quite troublesome as humans are so soft and squishy there's so much play when you push on the body.

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I wouldn't call them annoying but there are many techniques and kata that occasionally frustrate me due to minor mistakes I continually make. Although if I had to pick one it would probably be seio nage. I never quite set it up right, so I'd likely never use it in combat though its principles can be used in other ways that I find helpful.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not so much a move as a piece of gear. Shoes. We train barefoot, as a rule. But I have this habit of ripping the callous' off the bottoms of my feet. When I do this, I wear a pair of TKD ring shoes (Addidas Kicks) while things heal. Wearing them has far more impact on balance and movement than you might think. Enough that I've gotten in the habit of doing a fair bit of my home training in shoes. For example, when doing Keumgang, I find my supporting foot wanting to roll to the outside in all the crane stances.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Roundhouse kick. My hips don't turn right. I have a bum hip I injured in the military and when I do a roundhouse I just look bad.

Chikudun Henryu

White Belt
Reaction score
Well, in karate, a kata called Passai (Bassai Dai) and there is a move called yama-zuki (mountain punch). Sometimes the lower hand is extended too far, and the punching hands are not always in line. But, you just have to keep practicing, practicing and practicing :)

OP
Uncle

Uncle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Roundhouse kick. My hips don't turn right. I have a bum hip I injured in the military and when I do a roundhouse I just look bad.

I actually have a similar issue because my one leg is slightly longer than the other. I've had to modify the way I kick.