MMA would never work in a real fight.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
take your clothes off one morning, stand in front of a mirror, and throw a high roundhouse. Then try and tell me your groin isnt a prime target.
Just to be clear, im not joking. Thats a serious suggestion.

eye bleach!!!!!!

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now you went and did it. There goes the rest of the day with images of.....................................

Mz1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
ROFLMFAO....of course it wouldn't be your writing skills would it now.......
:lfao:

Nah it's your reading comprehension skills.

what's a locked choked btw? for that matter what's a 'grammy'?

Locked in, too late to get out.

I htink you need to understand that taking the time to kill an unconcious person is looked at differently in law to hitting someone and them being killed by hitting their head on the ground. It's about intent and reasonable force.

Well when choking someone, especially a RNC, you can't always tell when they've gone limp. It can merely be a matter of seconds that they die after passing out.

You do realise the 'you don't understand what I wrote in context' doesn't actually mean anything? You mean that I have taken something you wrote out of context, which I haven't actually, you just read it wrong as proved by my comment above.
Did I say you condoned fighting like a berserker or did I ask what the point of fighting like that was?

Sure it does. It means that you didn't understand what I wrote in context.

The 'full capacities of the choker'? Really? A fighter puts a choke (what sort by the way?) on as much as he needs to, a RNC for example doesn't exactly need much effort to put on does it?

Then you've obviously never been in an MMA fight before. You're not choking a stuffed dummy, but a resisting opponent who's also throwing punches at you. Adrenaline alone will make you go full power in trying to choke them. But your training should also instinctively cause you to use full power in order to get the choke hold on, sink it in and crank with all of your might until he taps or passes out, causing the Ref to stop the fight. Ah look...I just explained to you again why this is no different then trying to kill someone in a street fight using full power.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah it's your reading comprehension skills.

Locked in, too late to get out.

Well when choking someone, especially a RNC, you can't always tell when they've gone limp. It can merely be a matter of seconds that they die after passing out.

Sure it does. It means that you didn't understand what I wrote in context.

Then you've obviously never been in an MMA fight before. You're not choking a stuffed dummy, but a resisting opponent who's also throwing punches at you. Adrenaline alone will make you go full power in trying to choke them. But your training should also instinctively cause you to use full power in order to get the choke hold on, sink it in and crank with all of your might until he taps or passes out, causing the Ref to stop the fight. Ah look...I just explained to you again why this is no different then trying to kill someone in a street fight using full power.

Trust me, I always know when a man goes limp.....

If you have someone in a RNC it is quite difficult for them to throw punches at you.

Nice try on the comprehension thing and the rest of your 'observations', doesn't wash though as you miss the point .

Mz1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I originally thought You were referring to kicks to the balls, then edited it out because I thought I misread it. Ill go back to that.

Take your clothes off one morning, stand in front of a mirror, and throw a high roundhouse. Then try and tell me your groin isnt a prime target.
Just to be clear, im not joking. Thats a serious suggestion.

I didn't say that a high roundhouse doesn't expose your groin whatsoever, just that the side Sidekick leaves it more vulnerable (in MT/MMA) based on how your opponent will address this high RH.

Also, in MT and MMA, groin kicks are illegal.

Uh yea?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Not true. Personally, I've never had the least bit of trouble knowing when someone has gone limp. It's grossly obvious.
And as the resident medical geek, I'm going to say that it absolutely will NOT be 'a matter of seconds' between loss of conciousness and death, especially in the case of someone capable of fighting competitively.

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
How long does it take for brain damage or death to occur after blood flow has been cut off from the brain?

Mz1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Not true. Personally, I've never had the least bit of trouble knowing when someone has gone limp. It's grossly obvious.
And as the resident medical geek, I'm going to say that it absolutely will NOT be 'a matter of seconds' between loss of conciousness and death, especially in the case of someone capable of fighting competitively.

I'm not questioning your personal spidey-sense. But here's a BLACK belt in BJJ that didn't even know that his stuntman passed out in a matter of 5-6 seconds.

And here: http://www.wdsu.com/Sheriff-Man-Die...Him/-/9854144/10973378/-/ejethtz/-/index.html

The grown adult is said to have died in a matter of 30-40 seconds.

Fighting competitively can mean anything almost. We have brand new White belts that competes in BJJ after only 1 month of training. When a choke is in, it's in. Not sure there's much you can do to prevent the restriction of blood.

I'm a Blue belt in BJJ, nothing spectacular...I've competed locally (used to be pretty often in BJJ) and won 2 silver medals. And I can tell you from competing and watching others compete....we crank the crap out of the choke w/o giving a crap about the guy passing out, because it's been a war ever since the Ref said "go". And this is w/o any striking....so with striking, it's even more intense. While this war is going on and with both sides fighting hard.... should someone gets a choke in, they're not going to worry about the guy dying...(although he doesn't want him to) that's why there's a Ref and corner with a towel there....he's always going to use the opportunity to choke the sucker out for the win. Even in training, there's competition, especially when 2 equally matched fighters are paired up. There's more care towards not hurting someone during sparring, but still, it can get intense. I've almost passed out during sparring because I didn't want to tap. My friend wouldn't have stopped choking if I didn't tap, especially after I just jacked him up 5x straight in under 5 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mz1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Trust me, I always know when a man goes limp.....

If you have someone in a RNC it is quite difficult for them to throw punches at you.

Nice try on the comprehension thing and the rest of your 'observations', doesn't wash though as you miss the point .

It's ok, your reading comprehension skills aren't as good as you thought. Maybe age is also a big factor.

Proving my point as I was obviously talking about the fighting that went on beforehand, before the RNC was sunken in (thus, punches thrown). Obviously if you've been in an MMA fight or any serious fight, you'd know that both sides are throwing everything they possibly can with all the power that they possess.....just the same as they would if they were trying to kill someone.....oops, that offends you right?

Mz1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
How long does it take for brain damage or death to occur after blood flow has been cut off from the brain?

Hard to say. It would depend on the person being choked and the person doing the choking. Someone experienced and strong would be choking someone much more effectively. Then there are factors such as arm lengths, neck circumference, etc.

The problem with being choked is that at first it's very uncomfortable and hurting, so you fight with all of your might....but as the blood flow lessens, you actually become more relaxed and it actually starts feeling good....like you're going into a dreamy state of consciousness. Luckily, I know that I may get brain damage or even die, so I muster up the will to tap before passing out. Once let go, it feels like you just woke up from a nice dream and everything is fine.

Some guy on this thread said that it would take "4 minutes" after losing consciousness to die or even sustain permanent brain damage. This is absolutely wrong. Most schools adopt the "10 seconds" rule. Once you get the choke in, you let go if your partner doesn't tap in 10 seconds.

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's ok, your reading comprehension skills aren't as good as you thought. Maybe age is also a big factor.

Proving my point as I was obviously talking about the fighting that went on beforehand, before the RNC was sunken in (thus, punches thrown). Obviously if you've been in an MMA fight or any serious fight, you'd know that both sides are throwing everything they possibly can with all the power that they possess.....just the same as they would if they were trying to kill someone.....oops, that offends you right?

Might want to read this:
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php/71377-MartialTalk-com-Forum-Rules-and-Procedures-Revised-March-29-2011

Mz1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Might want to read this:
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php/71377-MartialTalk-com-Forum-Rules-and-Procedures-Revised-March-29-2011

Ok but have you seen what Tez3 have been posting towards me? Or do these rules not apply to her?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok but have you seen what Tez3 have been posting towards me? Or do these rules not apply to her?

That's right blame an old woman! :uhyeah:

C'mon a little sarcasm isn't going to hurt. I haven't insulted you in the least just said you are somewhat gungho., I'm not the only one who thought you were coming on a bit too macho.Anyway, I'm not arguing with you just explaining why I'm right :lol: I've even sent you thanks on a post I thought you wrote well.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since there seems to be a touch of confusion...

ATTENTION ALL USERS:

Please keep the conversation polite and respectful.

jks9199
Assistant Administrator

Mz1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
That's right blame an old woman! :uhyeah:

C'mon a little sarcasm isn't going to hurt. I haven't insulted you in the least just said you are somewhat gungho., I'm not the only one who thought you were coming on a bit too macho.Anyway, I'm not arguing with you just explaining why I'm right :lol: I've even sent you thanks on a post I thought you wrote well.

Hey, I have no problem with your sarcasm as I was returning them just the same. My post was directed to the Legionary guy who took it upon himself in trying to moderate, with extreme bias.