Martial Frankensteins...why the hate?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sounds like quite an offer. Will it be open ended so I may take it when my own path allows me to?

Likewise, if you are in D.C., you are always more than welcome to join, and I'll have located a suitable place to stay. I doubt you'd want to crash where the oldest individual in the house is 30.

There is always, always someone better than you, and the exception to whatever the artist pride themself on. You are right of course, but it's never good to pass up a learning opportunity.

To Elder; pissing contests are pissing contests. Would you be willing to risk your arms to do as you say? That is the severity I treat groundwork. In my book, if you're on the ground, the next step is death no matter who you are, your abilities, or your specialty.

The difference though is that you'd be using control, and of course, me using the counters I trust to ACTUALLY get of the holds you and others are proud of are not allowable. So I'll concede, you could easily subdue me if it came to groundwork. But if this were the street... survival were the case, you would be better off walking away.

Like I said, I've trained in Hapkido and jiujitsu- and I've overcome state champions in grecco-romano wrestling. That does not change the fact I abhor groundwork.

Like I've said elsewhere, there is a difference between arrogance and confidence; I am not challenging anyone here, merely pointing out that a lot of groundwork is not avoidable, it's dangerous to the person attempting to initiate it.

What is your grappling background again? Reason I ask, is because I find what you're saying, to be a bit far fetched. So, one minute you're talking about supposedly biting and all this 'deadly' stuff, so I'm assuming that when you beat the supposed state champs, you didn't do any of this. So, I'm also assuming that you're grappling is at or above a champion level?

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If the opponent puts his leg over your leg, his position
will be off balance because his body has to tilt around your waist.

If you turn in the direction of his leg over your leg
The momentum will carry him over easier.

I guess the opponent could grapevine your leg but still his
balance won't be to good and maybe best thing to do is a sacrifice throw like in kawazu gake or some
other henka variation.

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Is it not also possible to put Your legs around someones torso - Standing up- As You choke Them?

Yes, it is possible. But hardly the only way to avoid having your feet stamped on during the 3-6 seconds it usually takes to choke someone out.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
I prefer to slap the choke on , and drag them backwards.
Pretty hard for them to try and stamp on your feet when their taken off balance.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd like to remind everyone about physical challenges here:

1.8 Threats, Racism, Sexism, and Challenges:

Messages that are openly hostile, defamatory, sexual, vulgar, or harassing, will not be tolerated, and may be in violation of the law. Threads or replies promoting or expressing intolerant views towards any group (race, religion, sexual preference, interracial couples, etc.) will not be tolerated.

No "physical challenge" posts are allowed. If there is a threat or physical challenge, real or perceived, issued, the person making said threat will be immediately banned from this board with no warning or recourse.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That sounds like quite an offer. Will it be open ended so I may take it when my own path allows me to?

Likewise, if you are in D.C., you are always more than welcome to join, and I'll have located a suitable place to stay. I doubt you'd want to crash where the oldest individual in the house is 30.

There is always, always someone better than you, and the exception to whatever the artist pride themself on. You are right of course, but it's never good to pass up a learning opportunity.

To Elder; pissing contests are pissing contests. Would you be willing to risk your arms to do as you say? That is the severity I treat groundwork. In my book, if you're on the ground, the next step is death no matter who you are, your abilities, or your specialty.

The difference though is that you'd be using control, and of course, me using the counters I trust to ACTUALLY get of the holds you and others are proud of are not allowable. So I'll concede, you could easily subdue me if it came to groundwork. But if this were the street... survival were the case, you would be better off walking away.

Like I said, I've trained in Hapkido and jiujitsu- and I've overcome state champions in grecco-romano wrestling. That does not change the fact I abhor groundwork.

Like I've said elsewhere, there is a difference between arrogance and confidence; I am not challenging anyone here, merely pointing out that a lot of groundwork is not avoidable, it's dangerous to the person attempting to initiate it.

If you think that anyone here would use control in a real fight - against you or anyone else - you're delusional.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd like to remind everyone about physical challenges here:

Excellent point. A word to the wise... So far, all I see are offers to get together and train -- but the toes are right up at the line. Challenges are banning offenses; don't cross that line.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Alex, you're making yourself look like an idiot. Again. Remember... we've seen your videos. We know what your level of skill isn't.

The last time I found it necessary to put someone out with a choke hold, it took 5, maybe 6 seconds. And no, he could not have broken my foot, or any of the other silly things you suggest. Why? Because I actually know how to use the technique.

BTW, you never did get back to me in another thread, when you spoke of fighting with a "shattered" chest, about how you managed to avoid the respiratory collapse that is pretty much inevitable from a flail chest. Nor about why your father, a supposed MD, would "set" your ribs (which is not done, except in very rare cases - and then it's a surgical procedure).

You spend more time under the BS flag than any poster I can think of.

Reactions: MJS

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Alex, rather than going through the abysmal examples you've yet again shown, I'm going to be rather blunt and direct here.

Everything you have posted has shown that you have absolutely no clue whatsoever about martial arts, training, different approaches, congruence, power, ranges, effectiveness, or anything at all. Your claims of having trained in Hapkido, Jiujitsu, and some Aikido don't seem to be supported by anything other than a passing familiarity in spelling the words. Your comments about your frankly laughable defences against a choke... well, let me put it this way. I put a choke on a student last night. It took less than a second for them to be spluttering and unable to do anything you mentioned. You really wouldn't have a chance, kid.

Oh, and learn to write. Even after having it pointed out to you (over, and over, and over, and over again... and again... and again), you continue to misuse a range of words, and come up with highly convoluted sentences that are completely robbed of all meaning or structure. Try to find the simplest way to say something, then strip it back. From there we'll deal with your completely off-base ideas when it comes to martial arts.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Something just occured to Me - Say You do break someones foot somehow. How is that meant to render Their choking arm/s weak and useless within mere seconds? Its Their foot. If anything, Youll both fall over and Youll have even less options than before.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something just occured to Me - Say You do break someones foot somehow. How is that meant to render Their choking arm/s weak and useless within mere seconds? Its Their foot. If anything, Youll both fall over and Youll have even less options than before.

:lfao:

Even I've choked guys out bigger than me. I'm not good at describing techniques but our instructor showed us how to move our hands and shoulder to put the choke (guillotine) on quicker and stop any escape, sort of one hand on top of the other and twist. If anyone knows this and can explain better I'd be grateful, I can demo it perfectly just not describe properly. :)

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
As Alex has decined my offer of demonstrating his skills to a large audience in Ohio, I withdraw the offer.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The last time I found it necessary to put someone out with a choke hold, it took 5, maybe 6 seconds. And no, he could not have broken my foot, or any of the other silly things you suggest. Why? Because I actually know how to use the technique.

LOL, funny you should say that. A good friend of mine is a Black Belt in BJJ under Roy Harris. At last years Arnis camp that we held, he did a small teaching segment, on BJJ. One of the things that he covered was the RNC. Needless to say that when he did this on me, I was tapping before he had it fully applied. His inital method he used to apply the RNC, was so tight, had he actually slapped it on fully, you are 100% correct...5, maybe 6 secs and it'd have been nighty-night land for me. :D

No, sorry, the fantasy land BS that was being talked about earlier, ie: stomping a foot, breaking this, biting that...LOL...nope, not gonna happen. And even if it did, it'd be moot anyways, because once that choke is locked on, I'm sure taking a few weak shots would be nothing, given the fact that in a few secs, those shots won't be coming anymore...LOL!

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Alex, I'm sorry but I have to agree with all the others. Your knowledge of chokes is so far out of wack that I would venture to say you have never had a proper choke applied to you or by you. I was recently demonstrating a bunkai technique on a colleague when he unexpectedly slumped to the floor. I reckon the choke was applied for less than 5 seconds. In a real situation he would of had no time to break my foot and with my arm UNDER his chin he couldn't open his mouth, let alone practice his vampire skills on my arm. In this instance it was a rear choke and the angle I used meant he couldn't even lift a foot, much less stomp on my foot.

I think your understanding of technique suggests you should take Ueshiba Sensei as an example. From the literally hundreds of techniques in Daito Ryu, he selected about 30 or so of the most effective and produced his own "Frankenstein". Aikido is a very simple Martial Art that becomes more complex as your understanding increases. That is also the case with Goju Ryu karate and probably many other systems as well. The fact that you state that for self defence you would resort to Krav Maga, when you claim to be expert in so many other MA styles, demonstrates to me that you have little understanding of any of them.

It brings to mind the old saying ... Jack of all trades and Master of none! :asian:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps if you had a full set of dentures you could slip them out and clamp them on your opponents arm? :ultracool

cue fantastical escapes from chokes.........

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Perhaps if you had a full set of dentures you could slip them out and clamp them on your opponents arm? :ultracool

Ill bite.
Getting out of an RNC is easy - Front Flip, and Theyll land on Their Back. Then, You do a back Headbutt, breaking Their Skull and jamming the Skull through the Brain. Deadly stuff.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Come on Tez! Get real. Alex is only 23. He probably still has his milk teeth and with his mouth clamped shut he can hardly be expected to get them out and into your arm in 5 seconds. You'll need a better theory than that to convince me. :rolleyes: