Madonna Studying What...

S

Spud

Madonna has taken up karate.

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/24782004.htm

The Queen of Pop was inspired to take up the ancient martial art by her husband, 'Lock Stock' director Guy Ritchie, who has a black belt in the Japanese sport.

The blonde singer, whose daughter Lourdes is also a karate fan, has reportedly hired a personal mentor, known as a sensei, to teach her the complex moves.

A source close to the star said: "Madonna has been really enjoying her classes. Guy is into karate and Madonna's daughter Lourdes has had classes. " The singer is already so obsessed with the sport, she reportedly wants a karate theme in the video of her next single.

Madonna, who is working on the as-yet-untitled record, is said to be adding to the video's choreography as she learns new karate moves and chops.

Meanwhile, the mum-of-two has been approached to be the face of a new Kabbalah energy drink.

The star, who has been a disciple of the mystical Jewish faith for over five years, is said to be currently considering the offer.

A Kabbalah spokesperson said: "We are going after the Red Bull market but Kabbalah Energy Drink tastes better."
So what style does Guy Ritchie study?

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Sounds good! Hopefully she will promote the art more? and maybe a Karate "Song" Hit? You remember the song "Kung-fu fighter" something like that anyway. For exercise this is good....her body guards won't have to worry so much? ........HI YA! ......Aloha

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Honestly...it just madonna lol............you guys don't wanna know my personal opionion about her...I'll get bad rep

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Madonna or the Pope it is good for the Art when a star begins studing it. Publicity good or bad is still publicity.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yes, if anybody can bring a sense of class and nobility back into the art of karte it's ol' Maddonna:rolleyes:

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Zepp said:
I'm kinda disturbed about the Kabbalah energy drink myself.
Ditto.
Still, I could probably write the ad copy.
"Say, true believers, tired of studying Hebrew and learning number correspondences? Just pop a can of Ruachade! Yes, Ruachade, twelve full ounces of fruit-flavored enlightenment for the guy/gal/whatever on the go! Sure to give you the energy you need to go flying up the Tree of Life without a bitter aftertaste. You can bet your red string that your life will finally have meaning and the polar icecaps won't melt if you just chug an ice-cold can of new Ruachade! Mixes well with adult beverages, too!

Use responsibly."

*sarcasm alert* As for the Karate thing, I'm sure Madonna will finally put Karate on the map. *sarcasm alert*

Latest Discussions