Look... Can't we all just agree that PUNCHING POWER is just a matter of upper-body strength?

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bro, Buakaw is a fighter BY TRADE. He has all the time to train PROPERLY. If he was pressed for time it'll make sense, but the dude has hours a day to train. And it's extremely common knowledge in the fitness world that straight sets are far more effective for strength development than SUPERSETS. Supersets and circuits are great for anaerobic conditioning, but NOT building strength! And if the purpose of it all was to train Buakaw's anaerobic endurance, why not just make him do HIIT? Or Tabata? Or several rounds of intense heavy bag hitting? Or sprints?

Also, DUH. Do you seriously think I of all people don't know what diamond push ups train? You may as well have told me that bicep curls work the biceps.
Do you think boxing matches/muay thai fight don't require muscular endurance?

OP
Bee Brian

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Do you think boxing matches/muay thai fight don't require muscular endurance?

They do. And muscle strength is the foundation of muscle endurance. AND SPEED. You can't have the endurance to lift 100 pounds for 20 reps if your max STRENGTH capacity is 101 pounds for one rep.

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score
They do. And muscle strength is the foundation of muscle endurance. AND SPEED. You can't have the endurance to lift 100 pounds for 20 reps if your max STRENGTH capacity is 101 pounds for one rep.
So when are you actually going to step in a boxing gym

OP
Bee Brian

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So when are you actually going to step in a boxing gym

When they take off the mask restriction here where I live due to COVID-19. I already called the local boxing gym twice. At the second time, I was told they can't resume training anybody until that mask restriction comes off.

And... Kinda unrelated but... Why was the person on the phone, on both occasions, sounded like he was being bothered? I'm a potential paying customer. What the hell.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
When they take off the mask restriction here where I live due to COVID-19. I already called the local boxing gym twice. At the second time, I was told they can't resume training anybody until that mask restriction comes off.

And... Kinda unrelated but... Why was the person on the phone, on both occasions, sounded like he was being bothered? I'm a potential paying customer. What the hell.
maybe you give off a time waister vib ?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh heeere we go.

Jobo don't. This is my expertise. Just... Don't.
So you don't listen to anyone's others expertise, but everyone here has to listen to yours. Has it occurred to you that some people on here have spent significant time weightlifting? Not me, but I can think of a few who have.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
no its the other way round, endurance is the foundation of strengh.

there is a strong correlation between what you can lift 10 times and what you can lift once

but as i explained in one of yoyr numerous other threads, the endurance to get through a boxibg match has a significant dependancy on glucose storage in the muscle, and that needs liwxweight and high reps to develop,

when i was a skinny lad, i used to take money off guys with hulkibg bicep at arm wresseling, by the simple exspediancy of watibg till they had just had a very tough match and chalenging them before they had chance to rebew their glucose, like taking candy from a baby

OP
Bee Brian

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
no its the other way round, endurance is the foundation of strengh.

there is a strong correlation between what you can lift 10 times and what you can lift once

but as i explained in one of yoyr numerous other threads, the endurance to get through a boxibg match has a significant dependancy on glucose storage in the muscle, and that needs liwxweight and high reps to develop,

when i was a skinny lad, i used to take money off guys with hulkibg bicep at arm wresseling, by the simple exspediancy of watibg till they had just had a very tough match and chalenging them before they had chance to rebew their glucose, like taking candy from a baby

This is the official moment I write you off as unintelligent and pretty much ignore all your posts. The stupidity in this one post trumps all you've posted in the past.

I'm not gonna waste my time dismantling the abomination that is your post. I'll just pick one.

Eating donuts WILL NOT improve your endurance.

Goodbye.

OP
Bee Brian

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So you don't listen to anyone's others expertise, but everyone here has to listen to yours. Has it occurred to you that some people on here have spent significant time weightlifting? Not me, but I can think of a few who have.

Name one, and tell him/her to explain to me how to get stronger. Really, just tell them. Let me see what they got. I will listen.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This is the official moment I write you off as unintelligent and pretty much ignore all your posts. The stupidity in this one post trumps all you've posted in the past.

I'm not gonna waste my time dismantling the abomination that is your post. I'll just pick one.

Goodbye.
donuts will inprove your endurance, as will any glucose heavy supliment to take in exercise as a means of quickly replacing it, its not the best way, glucose drinks get into the system far quicker, as used by cyclists amongst other atheletes

better is pasta or rice, to convert to glucose for storage and instant use in the muscle

OP
Bee Brian

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
That's on them to identify themselves. If they don't want to engage I'm not going to.

I noticed you're one of the moderators here. I'm thankful to you and the others for tolerating my arrogance and borderline offensiveness. Please, allow me to stay. I am here on a mission. Please, sir. I haven't felt this passionate about something in a long long while.

And also, I really will listen to the experienced lifters here. I HIGHLY doubt they'd one-up me with training knowledge and know-how, but I will read what they have to say.

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score
donuts will inprove your endurance, as will any glucose heavy supliment to take in exercise as a means of quickly replacing it, its not the best way, glucose drinks get into the system far quicker, as used by cyclists amongst other atheletes

better is pasta or rice, to convert to glucose for storage and instant use in the muscle
Also a huge thing for diabetics who do any sport especially things like marathon running. My mum was a diabetic but not through lifestyle she was a type 1 who just had it but she was intensely fit I’m not ashamed to say she was mentally stronger than me and would literally run 8 miles at 6 am 4 days a week and entered her first half marathon with no training and completed at a respectable time and she always had to have sweets or sport drink just in case her blood sugars dropped low and a donut would have the same affect as those things so by her eating a donut (or the equivalent) it allowed her to continue her running so it did help her endurance

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score

Goodbye.
But it doesn’t trump the stupidity of yours

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I noticed you're one of the moderators here. I'm thankful to you and the others for tolerating my arrogance and borderline offensiveness. Please, allow me to stay. I am here on a mission. Please, sir. I haven't felt this passionate about something in a long long while.

And also, I really will listen to the experienced lifters here. I HIGHLY doubt they'd one-up me with training knowledge and know-how, but I will read what they have to say.
Like I said, not on me to state who they are. That's entirely up to them. Whether or not they'd one-up you I don't know, but you are by far the first martial artist to figure out that weightlifting/bodybuilding can increase their strength for fighting.

OP
Bee Brian

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Like I said, not on me to state who they are. That's entirely up to them. Whether or not they'd one-up you I don't know, but you are by far the first martial artist to figure out that weightlifting/bodybuilding can increase their strength for fighting.

Brock Lesnar broke a man's orbital bone with a sloppy but strong punch, the kind of punch with a lot of strength behind it. The whole concept of relaxation and putting weight behind the punch by flexing at the right moment is EXTREMELY OVERRATED. Foreman could knock people out with arm-punches.

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score
Brock Lesnar broke a man's orbital bone with a sloppy but strong punch, the kind of punch with a lot of strength behind it. The whole concept of relaxation and putting weight behind the punch by flexing at the right moment is EXTREMELY OVERRATED. Foreman could knock people out with arm-punches.
You must’ve missed the post I put up earlier of Brock Lesnar on the floor covered in blood after a much smaller man smashed him to pieces

Latest Discussions