Look... Can't we all just agree that PUNCHING POWER is just a matter of upper-body strength?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Brock Lesnar broke a man's orbital bone with a sloppy but strong punch, the kind of punch with a lot of strength behind it. The whole concept of relaxation and putting weight behind the punch by flexing at the right moment is EXTREMELY OVERRATED. Foreman could knock people out with arm-punches.
you mean gorge foreman?

the man who punched himself out against ali, coz he was all strengh and no endurance, yes thats a good example to use

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score
By @Bee Brian logic this man bob sapp should be the greatest fighter who ever lived and undefeated but instead he has an mma record of 12 wins and 20 losses and a kickboxing record of 12 wins and 19 losses and knocked out in 15 of his 20 mma losses and has numerously been beaten by smaller men than him.
9B0430F1-34AB-454A-89E4-E71433E892E8.jpeg

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
donuts will inprove your endurance, as will any glucose heavy supliment to take in exercise as a means of quickly replacing it, its not the best way, glucose drinks get into the system far quicker, as used by cyclists amongst other atheletes

better is pasta or rice, to convert to glucose for storage and instant use in the muscle

Beer! Lol.

In the Academy, the guy that handled our PT was known for drinking a lot every night.....the more he drank the night before the harder PT was going to be for us the next day. The man could run for days after a good beer bender the night before....lol.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Beer! Lol.

In the Academy, the guy that handled our PT was known for drinking a lot every night.....the more he drank the night before the harder PT was going to be for us the next day. The man could run for days after a good beer bender the night before....lol.
Back when I was in college, I followed up every night of drinking with a 5-10k run. Stairs as well after I got back if I still had energy.

Probably because I drink significantly less now, but that's definitely no longer the case.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Beer! Lol.

yes the origin of beer in this country possibly europr as a whole was a cheap food, beer was for breakfast before a hard day tilling the fields

OP
Bee Brian

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
yes the origin of beer in this country possibly europr as a whole was a cheap food, beer was for breakfast before a hard day tilling the fields

I'm sure it started during the Medieval Period. Part of peasants' diet in Europe. And because their beer had less alcohol per ounce, they could drink a lot. It really was a staple in their diet.

OP
Bee Brian

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
you mean gorge foreman?

the man who punched himself out against ali, coz he was all strengh and no endurance, yes thats a good example to use

I'll go read about that fight and watch it. I'll then give my input.

OP
Bee Brian

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
By @Bee Brian logic this man bob sapp should be the greatest fighter who ever lived and undefeated but instead he has an mma record of 12 wins and 20 losses and a kickboxing record of 12 wins and 19 losses and knocked out in 15 of his 20 mma losses and has numerously been beaten by smaller men than him.
View attachment 23216

Bro, I know very little about combat sports but I've seen a few fights of Sapp. There is a lower limit to how terrible of a fighter you have to be. Come on. HE SPUN AROUND SLOWLY when getting barraged by strikes. Who the heck does that?

I don't think it's fair to use Sapp as an example of strong men in MMA. A better example would be Brock Lesnar and Kevin Randleman. Sapp is strong, but he's a terrible fighter. Brock is an excellent wrestler AND as strong as Sapp. That's a better example.

And it's not just the big guys. Look at Matt Hughes in the welterweight division. And Rampage Jackson in the light heavyweight division.

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score
Bro, I know very little about combat sports but I've seen a few fights of Sapp. There is a lower limit to how terrible of a fighter you have to be. Come on. HE SPUN AROUND SLOWLY when getting barraged by strikes. Who the heck does that?

I don't think it's fair to use Sapp as an example of strong men in MMA. A better example would be Brock Lesnar and Kevin Randleman. Sapp is strong, but he's a terrible fighter. Brock is an excellent wrestler AND as strong as Sapp. That's a better example.

And it's not just the big guys. Look at Matt Hughes in the welterweight division. And Rampage Jackson in the light heavyweight division.
You mean Brock 5-3 juicer Lesnar?....this Brock Lesnar....yeah 5-3 and struggled against a a 40 year old light heavyweight And got cut up by him yeah great

3139FB38-DA0B-4A74-9470-A0CBDE687E3E.jpeg

38ED057C-6BDF-4F9F-B141-E16BD31457CB.jpeg
20D8257C-C5C1-4B37-8621-24886D52653A.jpeg

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score

That's my future. Brock is awesome.
Brock Lesnar was a very accomplished high school football player and High school and college wrestler...and takes a lot of steroids....even without the roids and muscles.....he’s had TECHNICAL training he’s not just a weight lifter. I mean he’s a meat headed idiot sure but he’s actually got skills

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score
yea,, youl need steriods as well
And decades of wrestling skills. Bro Dude here doesn’t seem to Realize even these big guys need skills and frankly Brock Lesnar was not a very good fighter. He was pushed to the top to draw ticket numbers and ended his career 5-3....

OP
Bee Brian

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
yea,, youl need steriods as well

Nah. Doug Hepburn was as strong as Brock and Doug was natural. Extreme levels of strength can be achieved naturally if you know what you're doing and are willing to go through the work. Believe me, lmao. I know.

And you can tell Doug was natural because he was FAT. Steroids are amazing fat burners. Doug never had a good-looking physique. He just had the raw mass and frame due to great genes.

I myself have the genes of a short Paul Anderson.

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score
Nah. Doug Hepburn was as strong as Brock and Doug was natural. Extreme levels of strength can be achieved naturally if you know what you're doing and are willing to go through the work. Believe me, lmao. I know.

And you can tell Doug was natural because he was FAT. Steroids are amazing fat burners. Doug never had a good-looking physique. He just had the raw mass and frame due to great genes.

I myself have the genes of a short Paul Anderson.
So was josh Barnett and he was on steroids so was frank mir when he got popped for steroids....what nonsense you going to tell us next

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score
Silly man.

He had more wins than losses.
Yeah....2 more wowwwwww best of the best right there. Especially when 2 of those wins were handpicked. One moo soo Kim a guy who was 3-7 and another a kickboxer with 0 wrestling so a nice hand picked win and his bad record...all while he was roiding up